6) Highest kill streak
7) Most damage
8) Longest playtime
9) Most bombs planted
10) Most bombs successfully exploding
11) Most chickens killed (possible?)
12) Most windows broken (possible?)
13) Most Zeus kills
14) Most money won on betting over a period of time (2 Weeks?)

Also I think for any upcoming contest, a disclaimer should be added. Something to the effect of, "If any player is VAC banned or banned by an admin in the middle of a contest, that player forfeits any winnings."

Tristen
10-20-2015, 04:12 PM
HL Statsx CE and it's competitor which i can't remember the name of both do quite nicely for tracking those things for awards, I suggest we piggypack their already in place system and add a few tweaks unique to our community.

1) Most kills with <insert gun here>
2) Most headshots with <insert gun here>
3) Most Molotov / incendiary nade kills
4) Most knife kills
5) Most defuses
6) Highest kill streak
7) Most damage
8) Longest playtime
9) Most bombs planted
10) Most bombs successfully exploding
11) Most chickens killed (possible?) It grants penalty when you shoot them, it's probably easy enough to add.
12) Most windows broken (possible?) It grants penalty when you shoot them, it's probably easy enough to add.
13) Most Zeus kills
14) Most money won on betting over a period of time (2 Weeks?)

Most of those have a daily award which is nice and makes it visible so you can see if you aren't gonna get the points for it, maybe grant 1 point for some of the minor actions and 20 points for winning the total on the day. ?

gearzablade
10-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Josh, I think it would be a good idea if we also announce the contest/update on the Cegamer group page on Steam. It has at least 3000 members in and every time you announce something, it goes to everyone's steam notification. I get that not all of them are active but I'm sure some will check the server out again if they see good prizes.

Motto the second
10-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Run a month long contest on most referrals to the server who reach at least a minimum level or play time of some kind (check to make sure just not afking) receive something?

joshtrav
10-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Josh, I think it would be a good idea if we also announce the contest/update on the Cegamer group page on Steam. It has at least 3000 members in and every time you announce something, it goes to everyone's steam notification. I get that not all of them are active but I'm sure some will check the server out again if they see good prizes.

Sounds good. Just need folks to volunteer and I can set them as group admins.

gearzablade
10-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Add me and Murdoc on there, since it just a copy and paste, we can do it. Right Murdoc? :D:D

murdoc
10-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Add me and Murdoc on there, since it just a copy and paste, we can do it. Right Murdoc? :D:D

http://www.cockburnlibraries.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/I-can-do-it.jpg

murdoc
10-23-2015, 11:37 AM
From Death Dealer:

Bounty Hunter Contest for GO
Just as an idea for the GO server, is to have a bounty hunters contest say 1 weekend a month. Saturday and Sunday of every first weekend of the month have a bounty hunter contest, the top 3 people who hunt the most xp in bounties gain double the xp hunted and like 5 levels with first place getting 10 levels. Discuss the fairness of rewards, how you feel about this contest, what priority this should have and if you think it's a good idea so we can send it over to the contests group.

ephedrine
10-25-2015, 07:46 PM
JT mentioned the contest on the server that gave a knife skin away for most time logged, including being idle. Every 30 minutes on, you got 2 points, those in spec got 1 point? (something like that) Most points at the end of 3 months won the knife.

joshtrav
10-26-2015, 02:20 AM
JT mentioned the contest on the server that gave a knife skin away for most time logged, including being idle. Every 30 minutes on, you got 2 points, those in spec got 1 point? (something like that) Most points at the end of 3 months won the knife.

Yea, I think in the future the idle contests (and time played) would be more global (all servers), at least imo. I would also think we could fork out some cash for hardware. Keyboards, mice, video cards, ram, etc...

ephedrine
10-26-2015, 11:22 AM
Would that be hard to set up? I'm pretty sure the server would be full non stop for a knife skin haha. You'd have to toggle the idle afk kicker though.

murdoc
10-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Idea from Meit:

11:38 AM - Nizkor: A "Survivalist" contest. Basically those who live at the end of the round get a point, makes it simple so everyone can join in
11:38 AM - Nizkor: Wouldnt have an absurd prize, just something a little simple that people don't have to worry about too much

Pretty neat idea.

joshtrav
10-27-2015, 02:04 PM
You both have access to make announcements on steam group.

murdoc
10-27-2015, 03:54 PM
You both have access to make announcements on steam group.

Thanks. Just posted an announcement.