PDA

View Full Version : New (old) graphics card :(

Nyuu
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Well 2 days ago my graphics card overheated to death. That's why I haven't posted in the last couple of days (though it would seem that I haven't missed anything whatsoever, fortunately).

So I ripped my old Nvidia 7600 GS out of another computer I had laying around, and got around to putting it in today. Works fine, so it definitely was my other graphics card. Depressing because my other one was far newer :( I'm hoping there won't be a major FPS drop in CSS.

If anyone wants to give me a relatively new graphics card out of love, I'd perform fellatio <3

Winged Kitsune
03-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Ouch, that really sucks. :/

I've never had a graphics Card die on me, but I've had a Power Supply start spewing black smoke out of the back of my computer. ._.

So I do know what it's like to have a piece of your computer die.

S-U-C-K-S!

Nyuu
03-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Dropped over 40 FPS. Sucks dick. I'm hoping I can fix my newer one or turn it in for the warranty, but it's been like 2 years so I doubt it. :/

Winged Kitsune
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
That's when everything breaks, you know. After the Warranty expires. >.<

I've still gotta get a new Power Supply. I fear if I keep pushing it with this Video Card, my Power Supply is going to burn out soon.

Sucks how expensive Video Cards are. But if you want a good deal, try TigerDirect.com. That's where I got all of my current upgrades from.

So Cal
03-07-2011, 11:34 PM
You really suck without that 40 extra fps :"D
Now I think our FPS is the same. lul

Nyuu
03-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Yea winged, I'll check them out.

And nah I only suck with the single fire things with low FPS. Like the USP and the shotgun. I still raped with the m4 today. It's just the choppy-ness throws off my timing when it comes to those weapons. But anything I can burst with I still pwn :P

I'm getting between 20-40 fps now depending on the map. It sucks cock, but I'll get used to it soon I'm sure

Winged Kitsune
03-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Hehe. I still suck no matter what my FPS is. xD

Wait, did I just say that? >_>

Well, I may suck, but I do get better. >:3

kunjunction
03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
just do what ive been doing. buy another one from newegg make sure its the same one. return it... as long as it doesnt look like its burnt/fried. they dont check to see why it doesnt work they just throw it back to the manufacturer. it cost like 12 bucks to return something but u get a new one for that price :D

QQ//Deep Red\\QQ
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Exactly what the world needs more of thiefs.....How are all those poor electrical engineers and all of silicon valley folks gonna put food on the table!!!! Sarcasm I love it!!! But seriously to each his/her own I guess. Tigerdirect is the site i use also. Can't beat their deals. Hope you get to full capacity soon, I hate having a issue with my car and my computer, even if its a microscopic problem, it wont leave my head till I do something about it....See you guys in game *High Plains Drifter*