Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Content

Forum Content

Alongside deciding the forum base layout, we are also going to need to be tackling what forums and sub-forums that will be added simoultaneously. The best thing would be to have these decisions ready all at once so that the change can be more efficient and straight forward. Spitball some ideas for forums here and we can put it to a vote in a separate thread.

There was some talk in the meeting about trying to make the forum more geared towards community talk and less towards gaming. I think this is a solid move. Creating more forums outside of the WCS forums will help and make it feel slightly less CS centric. I think instead of having a Game Specific category, we should just have a separate category for "CEG Servers" and then a separate category for "Game Discussion". This is where we can have people post things like twitch channels or just general discussion on other games out right now; in a way I think this will also help bridge the community as a whole to other games. To start, we can just create forums under this category with the most common or popular games (i.e. Coutner Strike: GO, Minecraft, Dota 2, etc). From there broadening the "General" Forum to its own category, also seems like a good move, then making all things within that their own main forum. So, I'm thinking something like this...

CEG Servers

-Warcraft
    --CSS
    --CSGO
    -TF2
    --crit
    --blah blah
    --blah blah
    -Minigames
    -ETC

Gaming Discussion

-Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    --Skins/Trade Lounge
    --Competitive (or whatever)
    -Dota 2
    --we're gay
    --sub-forum
    -IDK what games you kids are playing these days
    --fuckin balls

General

-Movies/TV Shows
    -Incoherent Babbling (basically just a place for anything)
    -Rant
    -<your idea here>

Anyway you get the idea. If anyone has some ideas to put forward for what might succeed as far as good forums then please dear god, help me out.
    Hidden Content
    "Which reads that leads..." - Blazed

Also, if possible I think it would be nice to have something at the top of each group forum that states who the current group leads are so people know right away who to refer any questions or anything to.
    Hidden Content

I think there just needs to be a "General Discussion" forum, and just have threads inside that forum instead of sub sections.

Also creating a "reputation" system on the forum is a good idea. It's just another attraction we need to get people to the forum. It also presents quick and easy messeges between members/staff to show personal approval or disapproval of things. Reputation can lead to conflict, but I think that isn't something we should be thinking about at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal S.A.S. View Post
    I think there just needs to be a "General Discussion" forum, and just have threads inside that forum instead of sub sections.
    Okay, I will try and come up with a good layout idea, but I would love some ideas for what might help. I'm not on the server right now so I'm not sure what various games outside of CEG the community is playing or subjects they are often interested in discussing
    Hidden Content

So here's what I'm thinking, along these lines:

Community Developement:

-TRELLO
    --Forum Dev
    --WCS/Go Dev
    --Server Features & Perks
    --Community Rules
    --Contests
    -Forum Developement
    -WCS/GO Developement
    --Reworks
    --Masteries
    --Paid For Races
    ---Installed
    ---Denied
    --Race Collaboration
    -Server Features & Donor Perks
    -Community Rules
    --Maprules
    -Contests & Competitions
    --Active Contests
    --Completed Contests
    -Member Applications

Gaming Discussion:

-Carbon Era Gamer
    --Warcraft
    ---WCS
    ---WCGO
    --Team Fortress 2 (?)
    -Path of Exile
    --Builds
    --Standard
    --Hardcore
    --Trading/Competitive Lounge
    -General Game Discussion

Community General:

-Announcements
    -Artwork & Requests
    -ceGBay (had this in cmg, but it was a useful little forum where people could sell their computer parts or other things to people in the community)

Help Corner:

-Bugs
    -Donations
    -Mute/Gag Appeal
    -Technical Support
    -Tips & Tricks (?)

Staff:

-Senior Council
    --Abuse Reports
    -Ban Reviews

As far as the nav bar at the top of the page goes, I don't see any reason to change it. As far as I know it works fine.
    Last edited by Mango Jim; 10-25-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Jim View Post
    So here's what I'm thinking, along these lines:

Community Developement:

-TRELLO
    --Forum Dev
    --WCS/Go Dev
    --Server Features & Perks
    --Community Rules
    --Contests
    -Forum Developement
    -WCS/GO Developement
    --Reworks
    --Masteries
    --Paid For Races
    ---Installed
    ---Denied
    --Race Collaboration
    -Server Features & Donor Perks
    -Community Rules
    --Maprules
    -Contests & Competitions
    --Active Contests
    --Completed Contests
    -Sponsored Members

Gaming Discussion:

-Carbon Era Gamer
    --Warcraft
    ---WCS
    ---WCGO
    --Team Fortress 2 (?)
    -Path of Exile
    --Builds
    --Standard
    --Hardcore
    --Trading/Competitive Lounge
    -DOTA 2
    (ideas for subsections here would be nice, for now just the main forum)
    -General Game Discussion

Community General:

-Announcements
    -Introductions
    -Movies & TV (this could blend into the main general forum tbh)
    -Artwork & Requests
    -ceGBay (had this in cmg, but it was a useful little forum where people could sell their computer parts or other things to people in the community)

Help Corner:

-Bugs
    -Donations
    -Mute/Gag Appeal
    -Technical Support
    -Tips & Tricks (?)

Staff:

-Senior Council
    --Abuse Reports
    -Ban Reviews

As far as the nav bar at the top of the page goes, I don't see any reason to change it. As far as I know it works fine.
    Under general, take out movie/tv and intro's and just have them be threads in the general discussion board. They don't need an entire subsection. I like the ceGbay idea. Tips and tricks? What are we a 90's gaming magazine? I wouldn't worry about subsections for dota 2, just let them make a thread about what they want to talk about instead.

The rest looks good to me.

What is up with this new forum.. thing where my name and location and shit are all horizontal and shit. Looks like asshole.

I just figured tips and tricks for things like WCS (race tips or leveling strategies) as well as when we get into things like MG (tips on course maps or secrets).

I was also thinking maybe under staff forum, we should add a "community server development" forum to discuss what new servers we all feel would be viable. Or maybe that should be somewhere more public, where anyone can vote but only staff can make threads?
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal S.A.S. View Post
    What is up with this new forum.. thing where my name and location and shit are all horizontal and shit. Looks like asshole.
    I have been working on the new skin only with changes. I synced the small edits to the current skin so it should look better for now.

I despise the loss of avatar and forum name. It's really confusing for me
    Hidden Content