Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Halloween Races 2016

I'm just putting this out there as we draw closer to contest time(and of course this is contingent if we do one), but I'd like to do 2 races this year:

1st race I think should be a little more attainable this year, based on items gathered. For example, if you gather 500 pumpkins you automatically unlock the race.

2nd race should be harder to attain, and depending on what we decide this year, the top 3 can unlock it(whether that's based on total amount of items gathered or another way).

I think if people participate knowing they'll get a bigger reward(not just exp gained for items) they'll play more often in order to achieve that goal.

Once we get the okay to actually do this we'll start the race development.

Thoughts?

What if we make Freddy the lower unlock and some new race as the new exclusive prize? Freddy has been out for a long time now and maybe it would be good to let more people have a chance at unlocking it.

I kind of like the plan actually. Murdoc?

Freddy definately should be lowered as the 4 of the 7 who won it last year do not even play anymore. And one of the 3 who do play, actually plays freddy(minus pay2win snarf).

We should also make the new race a gun race as not everyone is particularly fond of knife races.

Only thing that comes to my mind is a Witch, with a skill to change players into chickens for a few seconds maybe.
    Last edited by Shayru; 10-07-2016 at 12:51 PM.

This is a rough race idea i have thrown together. I would like one more skill, but i will post what i have now if to speed some things up if we wanna push something new for this Halloween.
    I also think this race and Freddy should be a requirement amount of pumpkins or kill or points whatever to unlock. As i stated above, 7 got freddy last year. Only 1 plays it regularly.

Race name: Witch

Chickens- 5/6/7/8/9/10% chance to turn enemy into a chicken for 3 seconds. (Chickens can only run and do knife damage).

Curse- 9/11/13/15/17% chance to curse your foe, 1dmg per second for 5/5/10/15/20 seconds

Concoction vials (3 levels)- Gain a potion(smoke nade) every 10/12/14 seconds. Ability1 to selection the potion. Smokes last 3 seconds before dissipating. Similar to Koffing smoke in terms of mechanics.
    1. Healing potion- Heals teammates in GREEN smoke for a flat 10/20/30hp for those who are in proximity of smoke
    2. Drug potion- Drugs enemies with PURPLE smoke for 2/3/4 seconds
    3. Fatigue Potion- Enemies attacks are weakened by 0.1/0.15/0.2 for 5 seconds after inhaling this YELLOW smoke.

Broomstick(ultimate)- Press ultimate to fly for up to 4/5/6/7/8 seconds

If this needs to be approved by WCGO Devs, I will link this post to the forums as well.
    Last edited by Shayru; 10-07-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayru View Post
    This is a rough race idea i have thrown together. I would like one more skill, but i will post what i have now if to speed some things up if we wanna push something new for this Halloween.
    I also think this race and Freddy should be a requirement amount of pumpkins or kill or points whatever to unlock. As i stated above, 7 got freddy last year. Only 1 plays it regularly.

Chickens- 5/6/7/8/9/10% chance to turn enemy into a chicken for 3 seconds. (Chickens can only run and do knife damage).

This is silly and I love it. Although I think we should grant some extra speed to people who are turned for extra lulz and also to give it a slight upside. Maybe make it 1.5 flat speed.

Curse- 9/11/13/15/17% chance to curse your foe, 1dmg per second for 5/5/10/15/20 seconds

I'd like to expand on this skill a bunch. Have a bunch of random Curses that can proc not just the DoT (but include that one too). Other possible Curses: 3 second blind, disarm both weapons, disables a random skill for 10 seconds, turn your weapons into other weapons for a few seconds. Those are just the few ideas I had off the top of my head. Im sure we could get really creative with possible curses.

Concoction vials (3 levels)- Gain a potion(smoke nade) every 10/12/14 seconds. Ability1 to selection the potion. Smokes last 3 seconds before dissipating. Similar to Koffing smoke in terms of mechanics.
    1. Healing potion- Heals teammates in GREEN smoke for a flat 10/20/30hp for those who are in proximity of smoke
    3. Fatigue Potion- Enemies attacks are weakened by 0.1/0.15/0.2 for 5 seconds after inhaling this YELLOW smoke.

Nothing to add here. All cool ideas.

Broomstick(ultimate)- Press ultimate to fly for up to 4/5/6/7/8 seconds

Can we have a generic "witch cackle" sound every time this is used? Just because.
    New Skill idea: Curse the enemy who kills you. The next round their movement speed is reduced by .15. Goes away when you die again or at the end of the round.

New version.

Chickens- 5/6/7/8/9/10% chance to turn enemy into a chicken for 3 seconds. (Chickens can only run with a speed of 1.2 and do knife damage).

Curse- 9/11/13/15/17% chance to curse your foe, 1dmg per second for 5/5/10/15/20 seconds and blackens screen for 3 seconds. Also a 5/6/7/8/9/10% chance to change the enemies gun into a random gun(besides restricted races, or races restricted from certain guns i.e. Earth shamen with awp).

Concoction vials (3 levels)- Gain a potion(smoke nade) every 14/12/10 seconds. Ability1 to bring up menu selection of the potion. Smokes last 3 seconds before dissipating. Similar to Koffing smoke in terms of mechanics.

R.I.P.(3 levels)- Curse the enemy who kills you. The next round their movement speed is reduced by 0.05/0.1/0.15. Goes away when you die again or at the end of the round.

Broomstick(ultimate)- Press ultimate to fly for up to 4/5/6/7/8 seconds. Play witch cackle if possible kek.

Dm'd collaborated with Don quite a bit for this.
    We also talked about keeping the same contest system from last year which ran I believe 2 weeks, correct me if wrong, since low on time. But making requirements 150 pumpkins for Freddy, and 250 for Witch or whatever top tier prize is done.
    Last edited by Shayru; 10-11-2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Format

If the files are still in the game, we can do masks for lower tier rewards.
    75 = Jackolatern mask.
    150 = Clown mask
    200 = Freddy
    300 = Something new.

Sorry eph, I thought I posted on here when you asked me too...

I'm always down for a contest, but I thought JT wouldn't have time...

Quote Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
    Sorry eph, I thought I posted on here when you asked me too...

I'm always down for a contest, but I thought JT wouldn't have time...

This is why I said use last years pumpkin contest and just discuss rewards...