Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AAron's Map Suggestions for WCS CSGO

Hi guys, made a thread for me to post any good maps i find for the csgo wcs mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=376453093

This is the community workshop link to the first great map I found, Hotel Gellert. It looks perfect for us in my opinion. Please check it out for yourself to see what I mean. Lots of good hiding places for wcs races to work with.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=690014784

This is the community workshop link to another map I think is worth checking out, Waterfall. Not as good for the wcs races, nowhere to really hide and its well lit throughout so it'd be hard to work as an invis wace. Low skybox doesn't let you get up anywhere onto anything you shouldn't already be able to reach in normal modes. But I feel some players would enjoy it, give it a shot and look at it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=179913770

Here's a great one IMO. First thing I notice is the high skybox, which would allow some races to climb up to good vantage points. No see through textures to speak of from up there might I add. However, there are some walk-through textures up on some roofs, where you would need wcs shit to get up to. I assume this won't be a major issue seeing as it's against the rules to hide in textures. Again the skybox is high, probably too high honestly. Not sure if we can edit that, but we should - its about twice as high as it needs to be to get up into the good shooting spots. Would make it difficult for teleport races to tele up somewhere without flying up and going splat.

I'm gunna stop it at these 3 suggestions to see if anyone even gives me the time of day to listen to and check out my suggestion. Based on the feedback from these 3 I will be suggesting more in the future.

Oh I remember Reef. We had it on the server for a while back in the day. Fairly fun map. Some very problematic areas/roofs which is probably why it got removed.

Don't know the other two but I'll download them when I get a chance and fly around them a bit. Always down to try out new maps

I don't know if Reef is a good idea to bring back. As was mentioned before it did cause some problems. The other two look decent though.

Didnt know we tried reef, forget about that one. Waiting for more feedback to know what were looking for in maps we add, so i can suggest better ones you guys will enjoy more

I am very encouraged that you guys at least checked them out, will be sure to be looking for more soon. Again, gimme things to look for that you want that arent going to be obvious to me lol all i know is no fucked up textures and that in my opinion a high enough skybox and dark enough areas are a big plus
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-26-2016 at 12:55 AM.

I miss Port

Quote Originally Posted by chapst1k View Post
    I miss Port
    +1 to this sentiment.

I miss Port
    Ditto. Port was a lot of fun.

I miss Port
    #MakePortGreatAgain

I'd love if the maps that get dropped by RTV would instead be put on like... 30 day cooldown or something and then have their stats reset. Do we even have de_favela any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen View Post
    I'd love if the maps that get dropped by RTV would instead be put on like... 30 day cooldown or something and then have their stats reset. Do we even have de_favela any more?
    I've searched the workshop and cannot find the fixed version of Favela anywhere.