Register

View Poll Results: Do you want to see this ingame?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ambwl

Ambwl

Admin Menu Based Watch List

The purpose of this feature request is to give all admins the ability to add/remove and view a list of people that need to be watch for either hacks, rule breaking or anything of the liking. It can also serve the ability to notify admins when one of the players on the watch list connect and disconnect (similar to auto-spectate notification but always turned on).

Below is an example of how the menu could look.

Admin Menu
    >Players Admin
    >>Watch List
    >>>Add to list
    >>>>Choose a player
    >>>Remove from list
    >>>>Choose a player
    >>>View list (Prints the output to console)

This could probably be worked the same way warnings are with or without the added text. Depends on what everyone agrees on.

Below is the list of what the za_ commands could be for manual execution.

w_addlist name/steamid
    w_remlist name/steamid
    w_vlist

Let me know what you all think!
    Last edited by Anuanu; 09-05-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "

knight +REP    BlueFalcon +REP    Curryman +REP   

I think this would be very useful!

I like it. Especially the notification thing. Not that there needs to be more things in the chat box but it's a good idea.

ephedrine +REP   

This would be nice, a lot easier than having to run a cfig file.

ephedrine +REP   

I like it. especially for those who change their names constantly

Sounds like a good idea.

Is there a way to add a reason or explanation to the watch, similar to a warning? Something that only prints when you view list.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperconartist View Post
    Is there a way to add a reason or explanation to the watch, similar to a warning? Something that only prints when you view list.
    There could be. Just depends on what everyone agrees on and if JT actually wants to code this or not.
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "

Quote Originally Posted by Anuanu View Post
    There could be. Just depends on what everyone agrees on and if JT actually wants to code this or not.
    Here's hoping. This sounds like an excellent idea for the server staff to be able to keep tabs on certain individuals. I'm sure JT will be on board with it.

In addition to this, would it be possible for staff to have a hidden mode to toggle when they want to spectate certain players? Just so they appear offline, but are still in the server and unlisted in the player list too. Those who are familiar with admins, would be unaware of their presence too.

Aaron +REP