Register

Hostile warcraft for new players

Hello

I just wanted to express my disappointment with the fact that this version of warcraft is almost unplayable for any newcomers on this server... Not only the version of warcraft unnecessarily overly complicated (to the point that's more warcraft with C.S than the other way around) but the fact that most players are old players makes them "level bullies"... The huge gap betwin a new player and an old one makes even the effort of playing and leveling not worth pursuing... I mean it's not even talk of a day or two of playing to reach an reasonable level to even matter in the game... We're talking here about weeks and weeks of being everyone's frag and let's face it....nobody's gonna sign up for that. We're all here to relax and have fun and unless your nature is more masochistic or something no one wants to be everyone's punching bag for "fun"....

This will be my last day attempting to play on this server as when complaining about the server i was more or less invited to leave by the "old boy's club"...so i took the advice...
    I understand as "back in the day" this server had a lot of people but it seems that nobody made the connection with the fact that everyone was a lesser level back then...

Anyways, this is just my 2 cents on it...take it or leave it..

GL&HV

Man, I don't want to act like a member of this "old boys club", I've only been here 3 months, but this seems like a piss poor attitude. The first 4 races, "the starter races", are some of the best races on the server. Yes the mod is overwhelming for a lot of new players, there is a lot to learn and a lot of burden of knowledge. The thing is, it takes a week maximum for anyone with a little competency in counter-strike mods to figure out enough to be at a playable state on the server. The overwhelming nature of the mod doesn't make you an easy frag, because anyone skilled at CSGO is going to be skilled at the warcraft modded version of the game as well. What makes you an easy frag is that you are spending so much time trying to min-max and learn the mod that you are disregarding the most important part of the game, actually shooting the bad guys. You don't need to be level 3000 to shoot the bad man in the head; you just need a mouse and keyboard.

Given that, I'm not asking you to leave, there is so much here for you. Take my advice, spend a couple days just playing the server like its a regular CSGO server, and you'll learn some of the warcraft of it by osmosis, or just from the context of hearing people discuss. If it really is as bad as you make it out to be, hit me up on steam, add me there and I have no problem walking you through some strategies or tips for getting started, like I said there is a lot to learn. You just don't have to learn it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Awful Aim View Post
    Man, I don't want to act like a member of this "old boys club", I've only been here 3 months, but this seems like a piss poor attitude. The first 4 races, "the starter races", are some of the best races on the server. Yes the mod is overwhelming for a lot of new players, there is a lot to learn and a lot of burden of knowledge. The thing is, it takes a week maximum for anyone with a little competency in counter-strike mods to figure out enough to be at a playable state on the server. The overwhelming nature of the mod doesn't make you an easy frag, because anyone skilled at CSGO is going to be skilled at the warcraft modded version of the game as well. What makes you an easy frag is that you are spending so much time trying to min-max and learn the mod that you are disregarding the most important part of the game, actually shooting the bad guys. You don't need to be level 3000 to shoot the bad man in the head; you just need a mouse and keyboard.

Given that, I'm not asking you to leave, there is so much here for you. Take my advice, spend a couple days just playing the server like its a regular CSGO server, and you'll learn some of the warcraft of it by osmosis, or just from the context of hearing people discuss. If it really is as bad as you make it out to be, hit me up on steam, add me there and I have no problem walking you through some strategies or tips for getting started, like I said there is a lot to learn. You just don't have to learn it all at once.
    Oh i get it, it's not the mod's fault that u can't have new players...it's the players fault because they're not "competent" enough (AKA all new players are just stupid)...nice..New u probably know what i think about your attitude...

First of all no, you're not right. It's one thing to shoot a little more in an enemy or be killed a lot more often than on a regular server and another thing to have an 100% invisible in your base in 3 seconds killing u with a knife without even a mole...
    I might be new to this warcraft but not new to warcraft in general, i've been playing since 2000 C.S and had the second C.S war3 server in my country that i kept for 7 years 32/32 so please, don't patronize me.
    U know as well as i do that having a constant group of very high level players on a server constitutes an huge wall for any new players to relax and have fun...
    The solution is simple as u very well know.....Often level wipe or reduced level cap.... Of course u and your buddys wouldn't want that because u'd lose everything u worked for all this time and that's fair..... However if u'll stick to your guns and double down on this logic u better be prepared to have only 14 players max on your server......up until even u'll get bored and leave....

PS: Sure that's every kid's (since most players on C.S are kids) dream, to have to study days to understand a mod to play C.S....U got me there
    Last edited by ComisarSS; 01-04-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Man, you are really upset about this. I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to be reasonable.

Look man, this isn't my first time playing warcraft either. I was an admin for WCS:Azeroth (24/7 40/40 if we're going to be humble bragging about server statistics) for ~5 years, I have over 7000 hours played on one (1) single warcraft server on CSS. I have played on at least 6 other WCS servers. There are some inconsistencies in your likely exaggerated account of how it feels to play on the server.

100% invisible in your base in 3 seconds with no mole.
    100% invisible races do not have movement speed on this server as far as I know. This makes it physically impossible for them to get into your base in 3 seconsds
    NO race can get into your spawn in 3 seconds, as you do not get long jump, teleport, or fly until 4 seconds in the round have passed to prevent this specific scenario.
    Moles take between 9 and 45 seconds to spawn in their enemy's spawn. I know this isn't how it works on other servers but it has been set like this here because of people complaining about this issue specifically.

Yes, you are right, having a lot of high levels players does make it harrowing for new players to play on the server. My belief on the reason why is different from yours. New players feel that there is a barrier on entry because they are behind, they didn't start when the older players did so they are at a distinct disadvantage in their mind. This is not the case however; as I stated the 4 starter races are extremely powerful on this server. You don't have to be level 3000 to run the show and top frag, you only have to play Human Alliance.

To call the people on the server my buddies is just your attempt to "other" the players here from yourself. You clearly want a handout to get on the same "playing field" in your mind as the players who have spent time here. I have been here literally since September 29th, THAT IS NOT A LONG TIME. I have made it just fine, without the help of any of these high level players, and I never complained about it either. I gave you the option to ask for help from me, and I was very jovial about it, so to say that I'm doubling down on it is just disingenuous, at best.

You can make threats like we will only have 14 players max for the rest of the server's life but that's just a lack of understanding on your part. Because though the server isn't what I've heard it used to be, it definitely still does reach 22 players regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Awful Aim View Post
    Man, you are really upset about this. I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to be reasonable.

Look man, this isn't my first time playing warcraft either. I was an admin for WCS:Azeroth (24/7 40/40 if we're going to be humble bragging about server statistics) for ~5 years, I have over 7000 hours played on one (1) single warcraft server on CSS. I have played on at least 6 other WCS servers. There are some inconsistencies in your likely exaggerated account of how it feels to play on the server.

100% invisible in your base in 3 seconds with no mole.
    100% invisible races do not have movement speed on this server as far as I know. This makes it physically impossible for them to get into your base in 3 seconsds
    NO race can get into your spawn in 3 seconds, as you do not get long jump, teleport, or fly until 4 seconds in the round have passed to prevent this specific scenario.
    Moles take between 9 and 45 seconds to spawn in their enemy's spawn. I know this isn't how it works on other servers but it has been set like this here because of people complaining about this issue specifically.

Yes, you are right, having a lot of high levels players does make it harrowing for new players to play on the server. My belief on the reason why is different from yours. New players feel that there is a barrier on entry because they are behind, they didn't start when the older players did so they are at a distinct disadvantage in their mind. This is not the case however; as I stated the 4 starter races are extremely powerful on this server. You don't have to be level 3000 to run the show and top frag, you only have to play Human Alliance.

To call the people on the server my buddies is just your attempt to "other" the players here from yourself. You clearly want a handout to get on the same "playing field" in your mind as the players who have spent time here. I have been here literally since September 29th, THAT IS NOT A LONG TIME. I have made it just fine, without the help of any of these high level players, and I never complained about it either. I gave you the option to ask for help from me, and I was very jovial about it, so to say that I'm doubling down on it is just disingenuous, at best.

You can make threats like we will only have 14 players max for the rest of the server's life but that's just a lack of understanding on your part. Because though the server isn't what I've heard it used to be, it definitely still does reach 22 players regularly.
    Sure, it is exagerated because it was more of an exagerated example and i don't exactly remember how fast he was there but let's just say in westwood by the time i got on the first house on the left he got behind me 99% invisible and he was fast foward jumping....

OMG with the extremly powerful starter races... Do u even hear yourself or are u at the point when u believe your own BS? How in the world any starter race could ever face as equal or even just slightly disavantaged with a player with dozens of levels over him? And how about them "starter races", do they just max out when u enter the server? Don't they need time to work on them and level them up?

Oh so the older peole on the server aren't your buddyes? Sorry, i must had been missdirected by u calling them that...
    Now after calling me stupid "incompetent" u're calling me a begger wanting "handouts"...very nice... And that comes in spite of the fact that i wrote very clearly that it was my last day on the server and my sub-thread was just my "2 cents" on it.
    But hey, if trying to denigrate others is what makes u feel better who am i to stand in the way of your happiness?

U gave me the option to help me and i asked u not to patronise me...i even said "please"...as we both ignored each other's requests i'll just move on.
    What are u talking about? I said u're "doubling down" on the logic that there's no other way except for potential new players to "deal with it" when there's so many other option as the "old way" clearly isn't working as statistics show the server in free decline... So how exactly am i being "disingenuous"??

Threts? Do u know what dose even are? How am i threatening the server or anyone for that matter? What's my position of power in this situation to harm or even impede the bright future that this server clearly has in your opinion? It was just my informed opinion that's all....

If u say so guy...... I've only played like 2 or 3 days so those 22 must had been exactly when i wasn't looking...

I don't know if this is a language barrier or what.

No, there are no 99% invis long jump races.

Yes, the starter races are incredibly powerful compared to many of the races on the server.

Yes, they start out as leveled as you want them to be, you get 50 levels in the WCBank just for joining the server.

No, I never called you incompetent. No, I never called you a beggar. If you want something other than a handout what is it you are looking for, what is your suggestion for changing the server to meet your standards?

I'm not patronizing you, I legitimately wanted to help.

threat
    noun [ C ] UK ​ /θret/ US ​ /θret/

B2 a suggestion that something unpleasant or violent will happen, especially if a particular action or order is not followed

If you've only played 3 days you haven't even had enough time to actually play the server at all. Thus, "piss poor attitude".

Anuanu +REP   

Thanks for trying the server. Your initial post and subsequent posts solidify the fact that you are upset by the server, it's players, and the custom content on it. Appreciate your time, no need to continue to reply as you have already made up your mind (your words above... not mine). So I am going to lock the topic, and wish you good luck on any other modded server.

Anuanu +REP