Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism/Sexism

Thoughts on the moderator/admin role, we need people who frequent during morning hours. I can think of a couple candidates.

Meit_Grigori +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Angels View Post
    I've stopped playing on the server so I have little to no actual input on the matter but I'll say this, if you implement this I guarantee you will lose even more of your dwindling player base. Instead of pushing a change that is not actually needed right now, how about working on the game aspect of the server first. Get a dedicated code, and push out new races, find some more maps, fix the trash auto-balance ect... I quit as a regular because of lack of content, and if words on the internet is triggering you or making you feel uncomfortable that's sad. You don't know these people in real life (the majority) and you will never meet them, update the server, make it more enjoyable and then work on this tiny little "problem".
    I am trying to figure out where you are going with this post. A "dedicated code?". If you feel like the lack of content on the server is an issue, and that is not enjoyable, there isn't much I could do for you. We have the most complex races I have ever played with in the game, most of which are easily 1000 lines of code or greater. The time I do spend on this server is to keep it running. Dealing with break/fix issues from steam updates.

I can't help that you played countless hours each day and maxed out thousands of levels in an incredibly short time. I am not sure what you can expect from a game community at your play rate. They spend years developing games for sale, and I suspect you get through those in a day or two at your play rate. Good luck my friend, I can't help meet those levels of expectation. I enjoy time in "real life", and I hope you find time to do the same.

Edit-

I would also add that the last time you played in the server and I was there, you actively complained about starter boost. I said I would take it out and give it a go. I find it funny that after I get rid of your previous reason for "leaving the server" you generate a new one. Let's just agree that this server and community is not the place for you. I don't mean that as a dig, or a smart retort. I mean it in a literal sense. You don't like it here, so stop putting yourself in a place where you come back and then complain about it. No one can meet the expectations you put out, because they don't seem to end.

I realize this is a bit off topic, but I want to keep things constructive and I feel like your post needed a constructive response.
    Last edited by joshtrav; 02-07-2019 at 01:06 AM.

I don't mind enforcing it but to what exteny? If someone uses absurdity as humor, which I find funny sometimes, I don't see to much of a problem. If someones being toxic and spamming the chat hardcore with a hard R, I can see a reason for mute with a new rule. I think context matters in what was said. But I think every admin is intelligent enough to know if ones being racist or not.

Obergruppenfuehrer +REP    Meit_Grigori +REP   

For me personally and the reason why I've only played on this server is because of it open speech community. its like having a small piece of freedom and a place to go to. That's why I keep playing here and will always play here. I honestly understand why JT is saying posted this but CSGO is an 17+ game that gives you the option of muting/ignoring and most of time like 90% of the server are grown men/women that come here play. Yes, hearing hard "R's" or "faggot", whatever what may be used all the time can get over obsessive at times but you are given the option. We play on the damn internet where there is racist/sexist jokes used ALL the time and if you cant stand to listen to it then you really shouldn't be on the internet.

I come to this server because its really the only one where i can enjoy myself, love 90% of the people that play here and not having to listen to some reddit snowflakes cry and complain. If you are easily triggered off of one word used on the internet there is a mute button for a reason but if you are not willing to use it "grow a pair"

I do agree of having a mods because their does need to be some sort of "black and white" basis because hearing a group of children throw around slur or whatever does get annoy very fast, especially when they start to yell.

Obergruppenfuehrer +REP    Meit_Grigori +REP    LILLARD2.0 +REP   

5. After re-reading OP:

To establish a black and white (hehheh) distinction between acceptable speech and non acceptable, family friendly would be the best definition. Easy to understand, and it can't be abused in the way definitions of racism and sexism can.

Perhaps this could be solved by modifying the Rules (which are currently unviewable in game due an error w/ html popups) by expanding upon the mic spam bullet, explaining that a MOD can request you to keep it family friendly for a period of time.

I trust that this "toxic" community can exercise the 'sponsibilities that come with free speech if asked by a mod for VOIP to go family friendly (Til they log off, children leave the room, etc) making a shift from free speech unnecessary.
    ...because there now appears as a dynamic actor in world history a new State, which, as a
    truly European colony, has for centuries received the best Nordic forces of Europe by way of emigration; aided
    by the community of their original blood, these have built a new, fresh community of the highest racial value... Americans, as a young, racially select Folk, confront Old Europe, which has continually lost much of its best blood through war and emigration.

Meit_Grigori +REP    donscreta +REP    Awful Aim +REP   

I'm all for if we have to minimize the racism and sexism but the only problem is as others say, is it still going to bring new and old players play and have fun? Not a lot of people like it which i get, some have kids, some are easily offended, etc. Its really hard to administrate the vocabulary of others that they always say like "nigger", "faggot", etc. If we took off "nigger", what other words can they say cause people get offended if we say "black" if are talking about the colour not about their skin.

Also for moderator, we had try this before and some people did abuse it. If we have to try it again, sure. There is some people on this server that definitely deserves a shot. But another thing is that it should have a ban up to 1 hr if people don't follow rules and stop hackers for a bit of time with a demo to show to admins if he is right or wrong. I can see it also being abusive if these mods are getting mad at getting killed by someone very easily which i know is a downside to it.

Meit_Grigori +REP   

Should just turn this server into a bar after a certain hour. No one under 21 allowed after 10pm server time all you minors and reddit snowflakes gtfOOOOOOOOOO

Time for christ to be banned.. JK ... This isn't about snowflakes or minors its about harassment. This is serious no matter how old you are or what gender. IT gets to a point were something is told to you so many times that you start believing it yourself. The fact of the matter is that, the old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is not true. Words can cause people to kill themselves. If you surely believe that turning the server into a bar and no one under 21 would be allowed into it, you simply should not be a member of the server staff, no offense. Btw- eighteen year olds can be bartenders at bars even though the legal age is 21. SO your analogy is stupid anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenLighting View Post
    Time for christ to be banned.. JK ... This isn't about snowflakes or minors its about harassment. This is serious no matter how old you are or what gender. IT gets to a point were something is told to you so many times that you start believing it yourself. The fact of the matter is that, the old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is not true. Words can cause people to kill themselves. If you surely believe that turning the server into a bar and no one under 21 would be allowed into it, you simply should not be a member of the server staff, no offense. Btw- eighteen year olds can be bartenders at bars even though the legal age is 21. SO your analogy is stupid anyways.
    what gender you are" Legel drinking age*

Just because you are playing a game does not give you the right to be toxic and a dick. Also your solution is not sound because this toxicity exists and there are two ways to deal with it, Leave it alone and do nothing and stunt the servers growth because of the new players being put off because of the toxicity. or the other option is for it to be against the rules and the server will be a better place.
    OHHHH>>> JUST BECAUSE THE FIRST AMENDMENT PROTECTS FREE SPEECH, Does not mean that it protects verbal threats or HATE SPeech (Supreme court ruling) SO just because you try to claim free speech, does not mean that it applies.

Hurtydwarf -REP    donscreta -REP    Meit_Grigori -REP    LILLARD2.0 -REP