Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Helping New Players

Currently the server gives way to much perks to donators and this hurts players who just joined because they are being punished because they are new to the server and have not had the chance to think about if the server is worth it for them to donate in order to support the server. WIthout changes to the servers donators perk the server will continue to be an obsticle for new players to get around. It is unfair to punish people who just discovered the server simply because they never played before. Before I go into what should be changes lets talk about the current benefits of being a donor.

Benefits:
    1. 2500 extra cash at the end of the round( including on the attacking team of dm)
    2. Access to donator races many of which are a lot stronger than most nondonor races
    3. Betting and extra money depositted into bank turns into xpbank xp
    4. Extra rotd xp
    5. Evasion Ignore
    6. Awp in dm, votes count double
    7. map long ank and ring of armor
    8. 16k more bank capacity

Now what Changes that should be made:

1. ring of armor should be removed and ank should give you your armor and cost 1000 and be maplong for all players
    - Currently ring of armor and ank with an ak47 costs 5700 on first round. This is simply affordable for new players, and they often rage quit because they do not have the ability to buy guns when the regulars do. Which makes it much more likely for people to leave immediately. Alot of people say that the first four races are some of the strongest in the server. Which is true, unless you cannot buy guns. I'd like to see these people play the race with only starter pistol and armor. Others say play race that give you supplies ( guns and ammo) however, the first gun race you get is Zombie Hunter, which is a weak race. Players will quit before they get enough levels to get beyond the starter races.

2. Rotd should select a nonmaxed race at random from the entire list of races regardless of whether you have them unlocked. the rotd should give double xp without a limit but it should not be changeable.
    - This will Level the playing field for noobs and give new players an idea of all the races on the server. As well as a better taste of the servers depth.

3. Auto withdraw : The Bank needs to have more options for auto withdraw. especially between 4500 and 9k 4500 is not enough for ank armor and ak47 and 9000 is excessive.

4. xp : currently it takes way to long for new players to level up. Most people will not be willing to put so much time into the server at the start. I suggest giving the winning team xp, and maybe increasing base xp gain per kill.

I believe that making these changes will allow the server to gain new players attention and willingness to put more time and therefore increase the amount of people who will consider donating to the server to keep it running. We need to continue to grow the community otherwise it will stagnate and nobody wants that. Donation is not a end all be all, it should be something that is given in good faith, New players do not always have the luxury of being able to donate to a server before they know if they will stick around.
    Last edited by ElvenLighting; 02-15-2019 at 04:10 PM.

murdoc +REP   

You asked me personally to weigh in on this, so here goes:

>This is simply affordable for new players (unaffordable) Typo, just pointing it out, idc about them.

While I know you were just giving an example if you're buying a rarmor an ank AND an ak, you're insane. The ank is not worth it if the item is not worth even $3000, so realistically you can get armor and a great gun for $3700 each round, which is affordable.

Hypothetically, if rarmor was removed and ank was made to include the ring, it should not be lowered to be $1000. I would support, however, an ank and rarmor hybrid at $3000 or around that point.

So realistically, you shouldn't be both buying a gun and an ank, it's almost never worth it. At best with the regular weapons, you'll be saving what, $100? That's not worth the death cost and I would argue the ank is really not worth it for most weapons. Next.

I disagree with the removal of the rotd xp limit, however, I would support making it so it is forced to be an unmaxed race IF we allow it so that donators also gain the ability of it being ANY race (outside of rep races and contest races). A good way to buff rotd for non-donors, without making the donation obsolete.

Sure, adding more options for auto withdraw would be a little more convenient, but in JT's defense, that is extra lines of code that are unnecessary, as you can just type withdraw 5700 to manually withdraw that amount.

I would be in support of SLIGHTLY increasing base kill XP and why not an additional 100xp or so for the winning team, don't quote me if I'm wrong but I thought that was already a feature.

That's my two cents, hope you appreciated my desired input.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrichzann View Post
    You asked me personally to weigh in on this, so here goes:

>This is simply affordable for new players (unaffordable) Typo, just pointing it out, idc about them.

While I know you were just giving an example if you're buying a rarmor an ank AND an ak, you're insane. The ank is not worth it if the item is not worth even $3000, so realistically you can get armor and a great gun for $3700 each round, which is affordable.

Hypothetically, if rarmor was removed and ank was made to include the ring, it should not be lowered to be $1000. I would support, however, an ank and rarmor hybrid at $3000 or around that point.

So realistically, you shouldn't be both buying a gun and an ank, it's almost never worth it. At best with the regular weapons, you'll be saving what, $100? That's not worth the death cost and I would argue the ank is really not worth it for most weapons. Next.

I disagree with the removal of the rotd xp limit, however, I would support making it so it is forced to be an unmaxed race IF we allow it so that donators also gain the ability of it being ANY race (outside of rep races and contest races). A good way to buff rotd for non-donors, without making the donation obsolete.

Sure, adding more options for auto withdraw would be a little more convenient, but in JT's defense, that is extra lines of code that are unnecessary, as you can just type withdraw 5700 to manually withdraw that amount.

I would be in support of SLIGHTLY increasing base kill XP and why not an additional 100xp or so for the winning team, don't quote me if I'm wrong but I thought that was already a feature.

That's my two cents, hope you appreciated my desired input.
    1. Name any gun worth buying worth more than 3000.
    2. the server is about the races and their abilities not the guns. Therefore ank should include armor and be maplong for nondonators.
    3. Its called Race of the day for a reason, not race of 7500 xp, it should not be limited to any races except rep and contest for all players, besides maxed races. Non donors should not be able to access donator races as their rotd.
    4. Xp for winning team is not in cegamer its a SG thing.

1. I was saying that ank is not worth buying as the only guns worth buying that cost more than an ank and can be saved with ank is the m4a4, which is only 3100. The ank might be worth it if you have, say, an m4 and a deagle because then you're saving 800$ a round, but it's really not worth it otherwise. Just buy armor and an ak for 3700 a life or armor and an m4 for 4100 a life.
    2. It's not that much effort to type shopmenu ank or shopmenu rarmor every time you die, it's extra code and really not that important. Combining ank and rarmor would be fine if it's not dirt cheap, it should still require you to sacrifice most of your round winnings, not be $1000.
    3. And 7500xp is a completely reasonable amount of XP to be given extra FOR FREE. You're just asking to be given free stuff at that point. And I was proposing sure, allow non-donators to get a confirmed unmaxed race they have unlocked as rotd like donators do currently, but only if you were to change the donation incentive from guaranteed unmaxed to guaranteed unmaxed and is can be any race whether you're a high enough level for it or not (i.e. a level 100 might get putrid lord as ROTD.) We still need some sort of incentive to promote donating. Most people donate for the benefits, not simply because they like the server. They come back because they like it, not because it's worth donating. You'd need to like the server a LOT more than most people to donate with little/no incentives. Reward donators.
    4. Gotcha, then I support giving a hundred or 200 or so XP to the winning team.

ANk costs 2000, artorias there should be no incentive for donating with regards to rotd rotd thats something that should change. Im not asking for free shit im asking for Changes to perks to help retain players long enough for them to decide to donate

This kind of stuff doesnt hurt the server or the players at all. I played here for about 3 years before I donated, had a ton of the CSS stuff unlocked. We've got people who came in here for 2 days and donated and still play here. Theres people who have been here for multiple years and havent donated. Giving perks to people who donate arent a bad thing. It certainly doesnt drive people away, hasnt for the past, oh what, 10-11 years the servers been around?

Since neither of you seem to understand how anhk works, let me explain. Yes, Anhk-2k, rarmor-1k, and ak-2700 would equal 5700 ONCE, buying that 2k anhk every life, sometimes not even if you survive, gives you ALL PREVIOUS GUNS BACK, so you wont need to buy the ak every life, bringing your purchase from 3700 with ak/armor each round as you suggested, artorias, to 3k, rarmor/anhk. You'd save even more if you buy a pistol or something. That 700 can add up quite a bit for non donators. I went a week without donator and money is very tight. I've always said money gains need to be increased. In comp, a smg kill is a significant amount, here it barely scratches the surface.

I hard disagree with allowing rotd to be a race you dont have unlocked. People would end up getting a really good race and then complaining that they dont have access to it for a few hundred, maybe even thousand levels and then not want to play all the worse races. ROTD is fine as it is. While we're on top of that, most of the donator races are actual garbage. You only ever see people playing the 3-4 good ones out of the couple dozen there are. I had less fun maxing the donator races than the regular races.

The auto withdraw is a pointless argument, no new people are even going to use it let alone know bank exists most of the time. No reason for this.

As for xp, this I'm either side on. I played this server because I enjoyed it, even with the low xp gains. Playing on tons of other WCS servers where you breeze through the maybe 6 pages of races they had got boring which is why most wcs servers reset their levels after a few months. We've only ever done that here once from what I remember. Taking longer to get through races and everything gives you a better feel for what races you're actually good at and which races are just good. Then again, on some of the worse races that most people just xp dump, having that little bit of extra xp to help it along would have been nice. Looking at you mythical pistoleer.

1. I disagree about this. Ring of armor is priced fine and new players have to learn how to use items in the shopmenu. The first way they learn is ring of armor.

2. I do agree with ROTD. It should only focus on races that are NOT MAXED. If you have all races maxed, it should give a bonus of bank XP.

3. I think a few more options for withdraw will help.

4. Winning team XP? New players will more then likely be on the losing team. I don't agree with this. I think if ROTD gets put on races that are not maxed only, then winning XP is redundant.

Good ideas and a great way to get the ball rolling.

Ik how ank works I assumed that others did too. Im just suggesting that it be combined with the rarmor and cost less.

I.m.o I don't even buy ring of armor at all. but if these new players have no money all the time they should learn about csgo economy and how to save for a round. hell if they play csgo mm they should know when to save, its csgo basic's even in silver. for Rotd it would be pretty cool if was for unmaxed races but i feel that's the incentive to buy donator, because if it didnt have that i wouldnt buy it.

1. Ank and armor being combined seems like a bad idea to me. There are times when I don't want or need the ankh, and having it active screws me over. Case in point, races that don't have restricted guns but do spawn with one. If I had a gun on my last race, then change races, I'm going to drop my race given gun when the ankh activates, and in some cases I would prefer the race gun. Another example when it hurts more than helps is during DM, it is easy to forget to turn off mlrarmor and mlank, and you are getting sucked dry every round for that amount. I guarantee new players aren't going to know or remember to turn that off in DM. And don't forget some races are restricted from buying ank or ring armor, what do you do for those races? When I want ankh, I buy it, otherwise I don't. Same for ring of armor. Just leave it alone. Lowering the price on each of them is fine I suppose, but because I'm a donator I don't feel the money problem like non-donors do.

2. Getting an ROTD that they don't have unlocked seems bad and I'm sure would feel bad. I legit would not even play that day if I logged in to find out that my ROTD is 1k levels away. Leaving it so it can effect maxed races just seems like it fits more with your "its a race of the day, it should be what it says" more. Plus it leaves the viability of non-maxed races being a donor perk which I am a proponent for, if anything for JT's sake.

3. Honestly, bind a key to withdraw the amount you need, why is that hard? New players don't need this. I know you are saying this like its supposed to be a boon for new players but this sounds like a wishlist. New players rarely use the bank correctly and when they do its just to withdraw all and buy the guns for the round.

4. I'm down for both of these. I don't remember what the base kill xp is, but say its 25, increasing it to 55 seems like it wouldn't be bad. And winning team xp at 25 wouldn't be bad either. It could give players a reason to do objective even.

I also want to say that I'm a proponent of increasing money reward for kills. I think that the amount you get for kills on the server is insanely low, and increasing it can alleviate some of the issues that you bring up regarding donator vs non-donor and give both types of players an equally effective bonus for using some of the other guns.