Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Occultist

Honestly as much as I'd love to pick over this race and put care into reading it I seriously can't. We have an absurd backlog of races to be approved, priced, etc etc etc. So even with the advent of a new idea we have none of the ones prior approved, disapproved, or priced and that ultimately means what is the point of even proceeding further forward with new ones? Like what is even the approval process anymore? Cause I mean fuck the Dev group is basically completely dead and can't get any fresh blood in cause, oh look, nobody gets approved cause all the dead people in it.

Honestly I get it JT is a busy man with his family and such, but maybe just put off on posts like this until he can actually say "hey I have time to dick around with this type of stuff?" or maybe just give us some cookie cutter races of previous ones to keep players interested?
    Last edited by Meit_Grigori; 01-28-2020 at 04:24 AM.

ratpatrol +REP    Snugglebutt -REP   

Thanks meit very informative as always.
    Race whores are pussys. Douches are race whores. Douches suck. Enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by ratpatrol View Post
    Thanks meit very informative as always.
    Can't see what you linked 4Weird

Quote Originally Posted by ratpatrol View Post
    I think it would be fun to have another public race.

RACE NAME: Occultist
    IN GAME NAME: rat patrol
    TODAYS DATE: 1/22/2020
    STEAMID: STEAM_1:1:3613900
    NUMBER OF SKILLS: 6

SKILL 1: Hellfire (4 levels)
    Activated using the ultimate key. Cool down starts at 45 seconds at level 1, 40 seconds at level 2, 35 seconds at level 3, 30 seconds and is active at start of round at level 4. Occultist uses 20 health per usage of this skill.
    Fire comes out of the ground below the players feet wherever the Occultist is aiming his cross hair. (just as if a molotov cocktail had landed in this spot).

SKILL 2: Magic Missile (6 levels)
    Activated using the ability 1 key. Does 40 damage at level 1, 45 at level 2, 50 at level 3, 55 at level 4, 60 at level 5, and 65 at level 6. Always has a cool down of 2 seconds.
    In addition you can charge this key to stun an opponent. You can hold it for 1,2, or 3 seconds. If it hits the targeted player it freezes them in place for .5 seconds on a 1 second charge, 1 second on a 2 second charge, and on a 3 second charge it freezes for 1 second and flashes them like the wormholes skill. In addition the Occultist leeches .2 of the damage he deals using his magic missile.

SKILL 3: Vapor of the Occult (5 levels)
    Activated using the ability 2 key. Orange smoke appears around the Occultist. Any enemy entering this smoke experiences the following effects. At level 1 you are slowed by .2 for 2 seconds, at level 2 you are slowed by .2 for 3 seconds, at level 3 you are slowed by .3 for 2 seconds, at level 4 you are slowed by .3 for 3 seconds, at level 5 you are slowed by .3 for 3 seconds and take 1 damage per second spent in the smoke. Cool down is 40 seconds at level 1, 35 at level 2, 30 at level 3, 25 at level 4, 20 at level 5.

SKILL 4: Raise the Dead (5 levels)
    Activated using the ability 3 key. The Occultist can raise a friendly team member from the dead. In order to accomplish this he has to trade his own health. At level 1 this skill had a 45 second cool down and costs the Occultist 45 health, at level 2 its cool down is 40 seconds and costs 40 health, level 3 is a 35 second cool down and costs 35 health, level 4 is a 30 second cool down and costs 30 health, and at level 5 it has a 30 second cool down and costs 20 25 health. At level 5 it is also active right at beginning of round. In addition the occultist gets to choose the team mate is is raising from the dead.

SKILL 5: Gruesome Aura (4 levels)
    Passive ability. When an enemy comes within an 150 radius of the Occultist the following effect may occur.
    5%, 6%, 8%, 10% chance that the enemy becomes too afraid to attack the Occultist for 1.5 seconds

SKILL 6: Dark Arts (6 levels)
    Passive ability. At level 1 the Occultist has 110 health and 50 armor, at level 2 120 health and 60 armor, level 3 is 130 health and 70 armor, level 4 is 140 health and 80 armor, level 5 is 150 health and 90 armor, level 6 is 150 health and 100 armor.

This race has no weapons. Cannot use any long guns, pistols, grenades, or knives. The Occultists speed is 1.1.
    This race can deal damage is every 2 seconds with his ability that fires a projectile (65dmg and leeches 11hp along side with that)

Can molotov a certain area using 20hp every 30 seconds

Can escape from combat using his smoke ability (slow+small dmg to threaten the enemy)

Sacrifice some of their health (25hp) in order to get some back up every 30seconds (twice faster than wishgiver)

Has 10% chance to paralyse victim in close quarters for 1.5 seconds

Has 150hp and 100 armour

Well in my opinion its not overpowered due to the 2s cooldown on dealing dmg (projectile). I think you could also add throwing knives like cloud strife that deal 20dmg at 1s cooldown. (double click+ability combo 20+20+65 = 105dmg per 2sec). Should be enough to go up against assault rifles.

It seems to be a very good race, definitely as a support race as it cant focus on more than one enemy at the time, but can spawn back teammates.
    Definitely is a strategic playstyle type of race that we all need,
    i like it.

TeMLeDer

I'm confused about the magic missle part on how it does 65 damage but has a 2 second cool down?

Quote Originally Posted by MoldyBread View Post
    I'm confused about the magic missle part on how it does 65 damage but has a 2 second cool down?
    Confused as well.. Is it a projectile like Frost Fiend? Bahamut? Cerberus? Or is it similar to Skill Shot? I think the 65dmg every 2 seconds could be a bit over powered.. Especially if the enemy only has 100HP and can’t evade/leech/heal.. Just my opinion though. Other than that it seems like a super fun race, and definitely not too OP. Have my vote regardless :>
    Dante still isn’t Level 100... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Echlipse View Post
    Confused as well.. Is it a projectile like Frost Fiend? Bahamut? Cerberus? Or is it similar to Skill Shot? I think the 65dmg every 2 seconds could be a bit over powered.. Especially if the enemy only has 100HP and can’t evade/leech/heal.. Just my opinion though. Other than that it seems like a super fun race, and definitely not too OP. Have my vote regardless :>
    I think it would work perfect if it was a projectile and had a small blast radius, 65dmg direct hit, and lower damage if within a certain radius.

TeMLeDer

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglebutt View Post
    Can't see what you linked 4Weird
    He didnt link anything, its the forum trying to generate a wiki page based on the text he wrote.
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "