Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Occultist

Occultist

I think it would be fun to have another public race.

RACE NAME: Occultist
    IN GAME NAME: rat patrol
    TODAYS DATE: 1/22/2020
    STEAMID: STEAM_1:1:3613900
    NUMBER OF SKILLS: 6

SKILL 1: Hellfire (4 levels)
    Activated using the ultimate key. Cool down starts at 45 seconds at level 1, 40 seconds at level 2, 35 seconds at level 3, 30 seconds and is active at start of round at level 4. Occultist uses 20 health per usage of this skill.
    Fire comes out of the ground below the players feet wherever the Occultist is aiming his cross hair. (just as if a molotov cocktail had landed in this spot).

SKILL 2: Magic Missile (6 levels)
    Activated using the ability 1 key. Does 40 damage at level 1, 45 at level 2, 50 at level 3, 55 at level 4, 60 at level 5, and 65 at level 6. Always has a cool down of 2 seconds.
    In addition you can charge this key to stun an opponent. You can hold it for 1,2, or 3 seconds. If it hits the targeted player it freezes them in place for .5 seconds on a 1 second charge, 1 second on a 2 second charge, and on a 3 second charge it freezes for 1 second and flashes them like the wormholes skill. In addition the Occultist leeches .2 of the damage he deals using his magic missile.

SKILL 3: Vapor of the Occult (5 levels)
    Activated using the ability 2 key. Orange smoke appears around the Occultist. Any enemy entering this smoke experiences the following effects. At level 1 you are slowed by .2 for 2 seconds, at level 2 you are slowed by .2 for 3 seconds, at level 3 you are slowed by .3 for 2 seconds, at level 4 you are slowed by .3 for 3 seconds, at level 5 you are slowed by .3 for 3 seconds and take 1 damage per second spent in the smoke. Cool down is 40 seconds at level 1, 35 at level 2, 30 at level 3, 25 at level 4, 20 at level 5.

SKILL 4: Raise the Dead (5 levels)
    Activated using the ability 3 key. The Occultist can raise a friendly team member from the dead. In order to accomplish this he has to trade his own health. At level 1 this skill had a 45 second cool down and costs the Occultist 45 health, at level 2 its cool down is 40 seconds and costs 40 health, level 3 is a 35 second cool down and costs 35 health, level 4 is a 30 second cool down and costs 30 health, and at level 5 it has a 30 second cool down and costs 20 25 health. At level 5 it is also active right at beginning of round. In addition the occultist gets to choose the team mate is is raising from the dead.

SKILL 5: Gruesome Aura (4 levels)
    Passive ability. When an enemy comes within an 150 radius of the Occultist the following effect may occur.
    5%, 6%, 8%, 10% chance that the enemy becomes too afraid to attack the Occultist for 1.5 seconds

SKILL 6: Dark Arts (6 levels)
    Passive ability. At level 1 the Occultist has 110 health and 50 armor, at level 2 120 health and 60 armor, level 3 is 130 health and 70 armor, level 4 is 140 health and 80 armor, level 5 is 150 health and 90 armor, level 6 is 150 health and 100 armor.

This race has no weapons. Cannot use any long guns, pistols, grenades, or knives. The Occultists speed is 1.1.
    Race whores are pussys. Douches are race whores. Douches suck. Enjoy your day.

Cool race idea. You get my +points.

Hopeful JT has time to make it!

ratpatrol +REP   

After looking at it for a while and theory crafting the playstyle in my head I think it could definitely be viable. Not overpowered in any way, very fun oriented race. I think we could do without the Gruesome Aura or change it to something else.

Yeah snuggle the aura is weird I agree. Trying to come up with something to help the race in close quarter combat. Willing to consider something else if anyone has a good idea.

I think combining Skill 3 and Skill 5 into one Skill with it being like a reactive armor so if shot enemy is paralyzed for .5 secs and occult is engulfed in orange smoke that slows and then freezes after 2 secs in smoke.

I like it personally.
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "

Weirdly I never know what to make of murdocs comments. I can't read whether hes serious or sarcastic lol.
    Race whores are pussys. Douches are race whores. Douches suck. Enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by ratpatrol View Post
    Weirdly I never know what to make of murdocs comments. I can't read whether hes serious or sarcastic lol.
    The is the mystery of +MuRDoC+....

but honestly I like it.

sounds great, something different, and not to easy to play, i kinda like the idea of the orange smoke other option would be, kind of a trap, or the enemy gets teleported back to spawn

ratpatrol +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Lhipeix View Post
    sounds great, something different, and not to easy to play, i kinda like the idea of the orange smoke other option would be, kind of a trap, or the enemy gets teleported back to spawn
    This is kinda what I was looking for, yes for the trap of some sort or tp back to spawn on hit chance.