Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I agree with that dlflanaganb, but I think most people find the server through the community search browser and do not immediately read the wiki. multiple people now spam the commands when a new person joins so after a couple times of that I think they can get the jist.

I started on the server maybe 1 week ago and I saw what everyone of you is saying, like the issue with Phasestalker, Mprime, Father Time etc. it was extremly hard and still is sometimes when you just get popped. And yeah for that reason and for the reason I like the server; I donated, to get some "OP-Races" aswell, but this is all for them selfes, maybe it would have been harder to lvl-up maybe not. And yeah I'm one of those guys that like and would like to whore Phasestalker, but even I have to say he needs changes! Maybe changeing the in-game WH from some races schould be removed, dmg output of procs lowerd etc. and even I already have to say that there are too many races that you can't realy balance it out anymore, but like you guys said there are counters and even without them its possible to get kills by surpirse, camp, last hit etc. But what realy has to be done and yeah I'm gonna lean faaaaaar out of the window with that. Maybe lower the Race-costs on the lvl you need, put some op races lower in the racebracet so that new players can enjoy them aswell, take some stuff out of the shop and implement some old stuff like boots of speed, cloack of shadows etc., make some Draces to normalraces or give the option to actually BUY one Race that they want to play, give starter players a two day Xp-Lvl boost or as i had a server once on CS:S, where starter player's got a dmg, walking speed and life boost. There are so many solutions. And lets take the 4 Starting races yeah they are OP in reagards, but if I think back on the human-race they got more stealth with a knife in the hand the teleport was a teleport not a jump, Orc's spawned with there gear in the next round, the leech from Undead was stronger and didnt have a proc chance, instead it was based on the dmg you did with a percantage of that dmg and ultimate had a way higher range. I could go on and on. But whats important is that we stay together as a community and come to a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogichi View Post
    I started on the server maybe 1 week ago and I saw what everyone of you is saying, like the issue with Phasestalker, Mprime, Father Time etc. it was extremly hard and still is sometimes when you just get popped. And yeah for that reason and for the reason I like the server; I donated, to get some "OP-Races" aswell, but this is all for them selfes, maybe it would have been harder to lvl-up maybe not. And yeah I'm one of those guys that like and would like to whore Phasestalker, but even I have to say he needs changes! Maybe changeing the in-game WH from some races schould be removed, dmg output of procs lowerd etc. and even I already have to say that there are too many races that you can't realy balance it out anymore, but like you guys said there are counters and even without them its possible to get kills by surpirse, camp, last hit etc. But what realy has to be done and yeah I'm gonna lean faaaaaar out of the window with that. Maybe lower the Race-costs on the lvl you need, put some op races lower in the racebracet so that new players can enjoy them aswell, take some stuff out of the shop and implement some old stuff like boots of speed, cloack of shadows etc., make some Draces to normalraces or give the option to actually BUY one Race that they want to play, give starter players a two day Xp-Lvl boost or as i had a server once on CS:S, where starter player's got a dmg, walking speed and life boost. There are so many solutions. And lets take the 4 Starting races yeah they are OP in reagards, but if I think back on the human-race they got more stealth with a knife in the hand the teleport was a teleport not a jump, Orc's spawned with there gear in the next round, the leech from Undead was stronger and didnt have a proc chance, instead it was based on the dmg you did with a percantage of that dmg and ultimate had a way higher range. I could go on and on. But whats important is that we stay together as a community and come to a solution.
    Hi Ogichi, think I've seen you in game, first off, welcome!! You're going to see a lot of sweat and salt in this community, but it's a community like marmite, you will either love it or hate it haha.

Anyways, completely constructive, but I have to disagree with everything apart from a bit of a phase stalker nerf. My reasoning is that the first 4 are still some of the strongest races available. I see very old players still using and whoring these to fuck because they are so strong, the Night Elf evade is ridiculous, the orc extra damage is ridiculous, the Human is just a great all rounder, and yesterday, I saw flex get 450+ hp, from a couple of awp kills on Undead. I don't think they need to be touched, they are more than capable of dealing with any other race in my opinion.

Hundreds of players have played this server, and gone through the grind, myself included. This just gives a huge satisfaction and reward once you unlock all the races, or you finally get to play the race you have been waiting for. It doesn't take long either, especially if you play your ROTD. I have managed to max a few of them in a single night from level 1. There are shortcuts for you if you can't wait that long, and that is to just buy levels, they are dirt cheap. The level cap went up from 20 to 33 with paid levels, so that is pretty much enough to max most races if you don't want to play them or grind them out.

Shop seems fine, I only ever buy ring of armour, I don't even bother with buffs or any other item, can't be bothered making binds, or typing at the start of every round etc. I just play the race, simple. Seems to do the trick.

I am not saying you are wrong, this is just my opinion, loads of people have gone through the same process, and like i have mentioned in an earlier post, I think it is mentality, you will need to understand, you may get shat on initially by other races you didn;t even knew existed, however, just stick at it like everyone else did, and you will be fine. It also comes down to individual skill, if you aren't good at the game anyway, don't expect to come into a warcraft server and it be a walk in the park because you have a good race. If you are a good player, then you have no worry whatsoever. I think new players expect to be given everything on a silver platter, and if that's the case, then they would get bored too quick and leave because there is no challenge.

Mutant +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by dlflanaganb View Post
    Hi Ogichi, think I've seen you in game, first off, welcome!! You're going to see a lot of sweat and salt in this community, but it's a community like marmite, you will either love it or hate it haha.

Anyways, completely constructive, but I have to disagree with everything apart from a bit of a phase stalker nerf. My reasoning is that the first 4 are still some of the strongest races available. I see very old players still using and whoring these to fuck because they are so strong, the Night Elf evade is ridiculous, the orc extra damage is ridiculous, the Human is just a great all rounder, and yesterday, I saw flex get 450+ hp, from a couple of awp kills on Undead. I don't think they need to be touched, they are more than capable of dealing with any other race in my opinion.

Hundreds of players have played this server, and gone through the grind, myself included. This just gives a huge satisfaction and reward once you unlock all the races, or you finally get to play the race you have been waiting for. It doesn't take long either, especially if you play your ROTD. I have managed to max a few of them in a single night from level 1. There are shortcuts for you if you can't wait that long, and that is to just buy levels, they are dirt cheap. The level cap went up from 20 to 33 with paid levels, so that is pretty much enough to max most races if you don't want to play them or grind them out.

Shop seems fine, I only ever buy ring of armour, I don't even bother with buffs or any other item, can't be bothered making binds, or typing at the start of every round etc. I just play the race, simple. Seems to do the trick.

I am not saying you are wrong, this is just my opinion, loads of people have gone through the same process, and like i have mentioned in an earlier post, I think it is mentality, you will need to understand, you may get shat on initially by other races you didn;t even knew existed, however, just stick at it like everyone else did, and you will be fine. It also comes down to individual skill, if you aren't good at the game anyway, don't expect to come into a warcraft server and it be a walk in the park because you have a good race. If you are a good player, then you have no worry whatsoever. I think new players expect to be given everything on a silver platter, and if that's the case, then they would get bored too quick and leave because there is no challenge.
    I agree especially that you need to learn all the races and other races that can counter each other races.
    Being a good player definitely help, but ultimately you need to understand races.

Just keep playing and type A LOT of "rfo racename" after "pfo playername" to find which race they are playing.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Y Would You Mute Your Heart?

A fair face may hide a foul heart.