Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Removing the rank system would also lose incentive for skilled players to want to play. If things were better balanced it'd be better than removing the rank system.

Steve, I feel the incentive for playing a Warcraft server, is to play for abilities and races etc. If skilled players want incentive to look good and be top, there is Matchmaking, Wingman, Deathmatch, Competitive, the list goes on. For me, Warcraft has always been a fun escape from the competitive scene of CSGO and i love the fact i can go invis, teleport, fly etc. Its a fucking buzz! But if that's not enough for these players, that they have to be top all the time and whore op races to prove it, then i dont care if they leave to be honest, and im sure a lot of people here agree. Again, just my opinion.

im also top 10 but annoyed by op race players on low pop. so i also would agree its worth a shot and something to bring back anytime if needed
    still i like the rank system. but there would be other ways, like its 6 races maybe who could be moved to rep only. then the problem goes away aswell
    Last edited by Lhipeix; 05-10-2020 at 12:50 PM.

This has always been a problem and I agree rank should be removed; I don't really care to see people's epeens and it annoys the fuck outta me when it's low pop but someone's sitting at the top of the scoreboard with KDR of 4+ in order to farm points. However, I'm not sure there's ever going to be a good solution that doesn't outright target good players in certain scenarios like restricting races for the top50 in low pop times or handicapping those players some other way.

Mango Jim +REP    Mutant +REP    shimejii +REP   

What about just removing ranks all together when its less than a 5v5 or a 7v7? People can play whatever they want but they won't receive any points towards their rank when they get kills until the server pop fills up.

Mutant +REP    HAM +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
    What about just removing ranks all together when its less than a 5v5 or a 7v7? People can play whatever they want but they won't receive any points towards their rank when they get kills until the server pop fills up.
    Honestly this is a solid idea. Do whatever in the end, won't change what races I enjoy

Nothing will change the way douches play. It is what it is. You just have to invent a coping mechanism such as "the rant" and perhaps a joy filled real life. Between those it is almost survivable. Keep trying douches, keep failing.
    Race whores are pussys. Douches are race whores. Douches suck. Enjoy your day.

I'm not sure how effective this approach would be, considering I've seen many race whores towards the bottom of gameme. I'm sure lots do it because they just plain like the races or don't wanna be bothered with learning new crap, and a few probably do it to troll and piss people off. The ranking system is incredibly valuable, getting rid of it to stop maybe a few race whores that probably won't stop what they're doing anyways may be ill-advised
    (hi this is actually isabella, I made this account so long ago that i had to get the japanese song lyrics out of my signature thanks)

TheGoldenOne +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
    +1 I like this idea a lot

tbh, all you need to do is play a lot to get ranked up right? there's a few people that shouldn't even be in the top10 but they just play a lot lol.. but I never even look at ranking anyways so that might be just me.