Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Potential fix for people who have trouble with race whores and low server pop killing

Not sure if this has been posted before or thought of, but maybe to try to counter everyones problem with race whores and low pop server killing, is it an idea to eliminate the Rank system all together? I feel, if you remove the incentive (aside from CS's reward/ bragging rights for being top of the score board) people may play on here on fun races like i personally feel it was meant to be played. Then not being top all the time isn't so much an issue for some people. I myself have had a bit of an ego in trying to prove I am a good player especially going from a time i was in the number 1 rank spot competing against Jobo on the CSS server way back in the day. But have realised over time, it's a bit immature of me, and isn't fun for a lot of people if I jump on a strong maxed race just to claw my way to the top of the scoreboard. I actually have realised I have way more fun when I play skillshot on space restricted maps, invis races on Aztec for e.g, tp races on nuke, hadji on office etc. I just feel people would maybe play more of the fun races than the straight up hardcore extra dmg, evade, speed rifle races. I know a lot of players do this already, for e.g Curryman who likes to play high moving races like nightcrawler and mattermaster with a shotgun and so has managed to master that combination which i feel is a more warcraft thing and more skilled than people with good aim playing strong rifle races. I think this sort of play should be encouraged, or as mentioned by others, deathdealer, who i noticed has a low level and whores B-52, but B-52 IMO isn't a strong op race, and is a fun race that explores the mechanics and potential of the engine.

Just my opinion on it as I feel that is probably the biggest contributing factor as to why someone would come to a warcraft server, only to play one maxed op race. It must get boring right? Let me know your thoughts on this, i could probably be the only one thinking this haha.

Lhipeix +REP   

I don't mind removing rank system like !rank !top10. But GameMe must stay for admin reasoning
    Hidden Content

"As I am now I consider myself nothing more than a vessel; a vessel for the hopes of those abandoned in space and for the ideals of Zeon that will light all our paths to freedom. So if that's what the people desire, Char Aznable is who I will be. And that is the reason I wear this mask"

- Char / Gayguy

Yeah, orrrrrrr, not sure if this is even possible, what if we just rank people on the scoreboard just based off the MVP i.e their total level? Might give people incentive to try to max races? I know its stupid in the sense that someone with max races will always be top, but it eliminates the frag rating? I dunno, just trying to think of things.

MVP shows percentage of maxed race already North
    Hidden Content

"As I am now I consider myself nothing more than a vessel; a vessel for the hopes of those abandoned in space and for the ideals of Zeon that will light all our paths to freedom. So if that's what the people desire, Char Aznable is who I will be. And that is the reason I wear this mask"

- Char / Gayguy

Yeah I know, but instead of the scoreboard ranking people by points which are heavily influenced by frags, could they be ranked by MVP's is what I'm saying? so even if you are fragging loads, you could be mid table or low depending on your max level if that makes sense?

I like the idea but just the thought of having a system that relies on how many races are available to you might not be the way to rank who is number one on the server. Im stuck without a single event race so my OCD is going insane with 95stars

I have been saying for years that we should remove the rank system. I think it attracts the worst kinds of people, and gives some people less of a reason to be dicks.

Anyway, +1 let’s remove rank
    Hidden Content

[9:25 PM] sporeling ☼: but i do love vodka cocks

i didnt really know there was a rank system in place... for the most part isnt there items to counter almost every race on the server?

I just always ignore the rank system, I dont even know what rank I am. The only times I ever "tried" was during resets, I'd play something stupid, get rank 1 for 10 seconds, screenshot it and have infinite bragging rights. Outside that, I ignore it. I wouldnt mind it going away but I know some people use it for big wiener status and would throw a tantrum if it was removed.

+1 for removing ranking system for sure. But it would not be the absolute solution.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Y Would You Mute Your Heart?

A fair face may hide a foul heart.

TheGoldenOne +REP