Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, i have a few questions.

Because im from europe i have the idea to make a little wcs server for me and my friends and some randoms that have the same problem. My prob is ur server is very very nice but the ping from germany to ur server is ... . I had a wcs server many years ago on css but now many changes are there. Newer game some changes for the races, how they written. Now i hope one of u can help me a bit to understand what are the changes.
    What version u use of wcs? Are the races written in old stile, i know there are 3-6 styles of writing. I know i need SP, WCS, EventscriptEmu and anything else? I dont understand what race wrote style need to be placed in wich location.

If u can tell me a few details how u do it, it would be so nice. If one of u speak german its gg XD. WCS is the best mod ever.

ratpatrol +REP   

the community i worked with over 10 years ago was WCS-Lagerhaus

the whole server's mod is coded from scratch, its a code that the server owner designed with another guy a while back. You can't find it anywhere, it's unique.
    Hidden Content

[9:25 PM] sporeling ☼: but i do love vodka cocks

okay thats not good for me XD i actually tried wcs and it works but the import of old source races is heavy but its funny that over 10 years old code is still working.
    Hoped u can help me and give me good news XD. My friends and i play some times on ur server but if american guys are there its hard so sustain with laggs. Then its to frustrating. for it i want my server. I have 6 races on it and some items but its hard to find the races that work.

There probably are basic frameworks for starting WCS, but to go any further you'll either need to know coding well yourself or know/hire someone who does. JT uses a few different coding languages with the server, but you probably wont need to use as complex a system that he does.

I think the basic one has 8 races? That would probably work well if you're just attempting to host on a LAN with just you and your friends.
    Hidden Content

[9:25 PM] sporeling ☼: but i do love vodka cocks

Ghostcrawler, just stick around a bit first my friend , there are a crap ton of EU players on here, and to be honest, EU have a good portion of the better players, and higher maxed races etc. I find no issue playing on there at all, I think if you just stay here for a bit with your friends, you would soon find it very fun, playing against US makes no difference IMO apart from sometimes a knife doesn't reg. It's not enough of a setback to make me not want to play that server. Trust me, stay here for a bit till you get used to it and I guarantee you won't want to leave

TheGoldenOne +REP   

The problem most EU players have isnt hit reg and all that, its actually staying connected. Unless you buy donator, you will more often than not be ping kicked. I think thats more of what they're trying to work around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Jim View Post
    I think the basic one has 8 races? That would probably work well if you're just attempting to host on a LAN with just you and your friends.
    By basic, do you mean cs 1.6 wc3FT? If so, there were total of 9 races, one of them being chameleon that kept changing it's skills every round.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtydwarf View Post
    The problem most EU players have isnt hit reg and all that, its actually staying connected. Unless you buy donator, you will more often than not be ping kicked. I think thats more of what they're trying to work around.
    Have not been kicked once, since my ping 130 (the limit is 250?), but it is stable... My only "trouble" is hit reg. But idc, I play wcs for fun and I enjoy it probably the most of all the servers I ever played before in 1.6/css/csgo, so I can deal with hit reg and all that. I will consider donating after maxing all non-donor races out, not for dodging ping kick. Maybe if it was cheaper lol
    Type DM to have big pepe.

Quote Originally Posted by dlflanaganb View Post
    Ghostcrawler, just stick around a bit first my friend , there are a crap ton of EU players on here, and to be honest, EU have a good portion of the better players, and higher maxed races etc. I find no issue playing on there at all, I think if you just stay here for a bit with your friends, you would soon find it very fun, playing against US makes no difference IMO apart from sometimes a knife doesn't reg. It's not enough of a setback to make me not want to play that server. Trust me, stay here for a bit till you get used to it and I guarantee you won't want to leave
    Really? Most of the actually good players I've seen over the years have always been North American based and almost all the high leveled ones again have been North American based. Most of them just move on due to getting bored over time and only pop in occasionally.
    Last edited by Meit_Grigori; 05-19-2020 at 06:12 PM.