Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echlipse View Post
    I was playing on the server, as I have for the past 2 weeks because of quarantine, and I got off probably around 10PM, nothing out of the ordinary, I just went to sleep.. Then I wake up this morning, open up the screen of my laptop and BOOM.. “Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.” And knowing how unreliable Windows is, I knew it was going to take forever and my hard drive is FUCKED. Needless to say, it’s been trying to repair disk errors since 08am, and it is now 1800(6pm). I probably won’t be on the server for an indefinite amount of time because I can’t get a new hard drive, unless the NEx (Navy Exchange), sells them there.. Which I doubt. And even then, I don’t have the tools to open up the laptop and toss the old hard drive and put in the new one.

Edit: The PC is less than a year old, and I can’t return it because I bought it at the Navy Exchange up in Illinois, and I am now in Florida.. Was gonna do an RMA before getting all pissy lmao
    It finally stopped doing that and said that the repair didn’t work.. The error is:
    Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Does this mean the System 32 file is fucked??
    Dante still isn’t Level 100... *sigh*

You can't install on an external hdd (you can manage to do it but it won't run correctly after)
    if you had windows 10 with a microsoft account logged in, you just have to do a clean install (using windows media creation tool) and when you log in, it's associated with your account.

A quick google search. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBOdeTF5Iw

Made by an Indian dude so you know its good.

Echlipse +REP    y Not +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Asstr0naut View Post
    You can't install on an external hdd (you can manage to do it but it won't run correctly after)
    if you had windows 10 with a microsoft account logged in, you just have to do a clean install (using windows media creation tool) and when you log in, it's associated with your account.
    I think I had one, not too sure.. Basically just need to get a new hard drive and I should be good then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtydwarf View Post
    A quick google search. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBOdeTF5Iw

Made by an Indian dude so you know its good.
    LMAO, thanks man.. I actually found this video before you posted this and didn’t get past stage 1. Before I hit 30% I had over 50 segments that were fucked up on my hard drive.. Guess I just need to get a new one

I think I had one, not too sure.. Basically just need to get a new hard drive and I should be good then?
    yep. and even if you didn't have a microsoft account yet, you can use win10 without a license, you just won't be able to change some personalisation settings

y Not +REP   

LMAO, thanks man.. I actually found this video before you posted this and didn’t get past stage 1. Before I hit 30% I had over 50 segments that were fucked up on my hard drive.. Guess I just need to get a new one ������
    Yeah, you're gonna need a new drive. Sorry, dude. By the sounds of it, your drive probably won't last more than a couple more weeks, if even that if it's still functioning at all.

Unfortunately, shit happens. But like you said, it happens for a reason. I like to think when shit happens, it's to make way for better things.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Kitsune View Post
    Yeah, you're gonna need a new drive. Sorry, dude. By the sounds of it, your drive probably won't last more than a couple more weeks, if even that if it's still functioning at all.

Unfortunately, shit happens. But like you said, it happens for a reason. I like to think when shit happens, it's to make way for better things.
    It’s not even working at all, and the hardest part is trying to get the new hard drive and the screwdriver.. The base went on a complete stop because of this fkn hurricane.

And yeah I do too, probably going to upgrade from the 500GB to 1TB instead.

Theres gotta be an on base shop, give one of the mechanics a little nudge on the shoulder and boom, screwdriver.

There are still ways to obtain your old CDkey, but you need some powershell scripts and some sort of access to the old HDD registry hives.
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "