Register

Sandv choke DMG BUG

So apparently when you choke on a sandv you wont deal any dmg the following rounds. This has happend to me on several maps now. A quick fix seems to be to join spectate but I cant confirm this atm.

y Not +REP    LILLARD2.0 +REP   

I saw bot testing it and they do seem connected

BOTanisk +REP    y Not +REP    Echlipse +REP    LILLARD2.0 +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeordore View Post
    I saw bot testing it and they do seem connected
    My guess is that the sandwich script :Freezes you, Disables your dmg, heals for 30hp (success %), heals for 30 (success %)...
    If succesful : Reaches 120hp, Enable dmg, Disable freeze..
    If unsuccessful (die) :Kills you, Disables freeze

Im guessing it may be missing the line that re-enables your damage output..

I may be wrong but i know how easy it is to miss a line or two

old harddrive.JPG

TeMLeDer

Ive eaten sandwitches quite a few times now, so far no bug.
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "

Quote Originally Posted by Anuanu View Post
    Ive eaten sandwitches quite a few times now, so far no bug.
    U need to choke on it, then the next rounds u wont deal dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by BOTanisk View Post
    U need to choke on it, then the next rounds u wont deal dmg.
    choked 4 times yesterday, i killed atleast one person round after each time. maybe there is another variable in there? damage? end of round? race?
    "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure "

Quote Originally Posted by Anuanu View Post
    choked 4 times yesterday, i killed atleast one person round after each time. maybe there is another variable in there? damage? end of round? race?
    Hmmm did you check the dmg output on to the people you shoot at after choking?

In the cases where I have choked I deal what seems like no dmg (up to 500+ dmg over 15 hits) where the players I shoot at played races that dont have evade or heal. This has also happend on two different races (Archmage Proudmore and Death Metal). It seems to happen when you choke on a sandv and then die from it.

Echlipse +REP    Floh284 +REP   

The no damage skill it uses is the same exact one that is used among every other race we have. Seems unlikely; as it would have been an issue for years now.

Floh284 +REP   

So i finally encountered this, Here is exactly what happened.

I ate the sandv and choked, it killed me. I was playing orc and got revived from the skill and all damage was negated. I was shooting a bot in the head alot and did no damage. Console showed i did 840 in 8 hits to the bot.

BOTanisk +REP    LILLARD2.0 +REP    Floh284 +REP   

Another thing we found out about the bug during late night gaming is that it will not cause a problem if you choke on the sandv at round end when a team swap occurs, and you don't die from it because you gaing the 10,000 health. On the next round you are able to do damage without going to spectator and back.

BOTanisk +REP    Floh284 +REP