Register

Thread: Team Leader

Post Team Leader

I came up with an idea for a new race, its not overpowered in my opinion, it just would be quite fun to play. It would take a while to max it as well and would be quite a challenge.

Team Leader (45 lvls) (9 skills) (restricted to pistols)

1. Late for work - ability 1 = speed boost of 1.5 for 5 seconds. (45,40,35,30,25s cooldown) (1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5 speed) (5 lvl's) (Angel of Darkness)
    2. Lunch break - ability 2 = gain 30 health, costs 100$, cooldown 40s- 20seconds. (40,35,30,25,20s) (5 lvl's) (Boy Scout)
    3. Sneaky smoke break - gain invis up to 51% while crouched. (10,20,30,40 - 51% invis) (5 lvl's) (Samus Aran)
    4. Can you stay overtime? - Chance to freeze the enemy 35% for 2.5 seconds. (15,20,25,30,35% chance) (5 lvl's) (Human Alliance) (Could be changed to bury instead of freeze if yall think it would be better) (Death Inferno)
    5. Short staffed - Lose health if a teammate dies, 30% chance to respawn a teammate. (25,25,25,20,15hp) (10,15,20,25,30% chance) (5 lvl's) (Grim Reaper reversed + Combat Medic)
    6. Fire warden - Gain immunity to burn effects (including ultimates). (20,40,60,80,100% chance) (5 lvl's) (chance to get Fire Tunic)
    7. Protective equipment - spawn with 125armour and 125health. (105,110,115,120,125) (5 lvl's) (Archmage Proudmore + Crypt Lord)
    8. Dirty money - Get up to 500$ for killing an enemy. (100,200,300,400,500$) (5lvl's) (Bahamut)
    9. Long distance meeting - Ultimate = Teleport up to 800 units, cost 500$. Cooldown 10 seconds. (400,500,600,700,800units) (100,200,300,400,500$) (30,25,20,15,10seconds) (5 lvl's) (Human Alliance)

All the skills are taken from other races already on the server, so it would be easy to create it by taking parts of the script from already existing races.

TeMLeDer
    Last edited by Karlislad; 09-20-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Firstly, 7 is the skill max for any race due to the menus. Secondly, kinda just seems a bit hodge podgey. Though, I really like the idea behind building a race around skills 1, 5, and 8. Like a race that feeds off of teammates dying but also chance to respawn them. It could still be the same theme too. The way it is now it's just a mix and match and doesn't really make sense. Having a speed boost and a teleport? Way too much mobility. 35% chance to freeze for 2.5s? That's insanely high. Like.. insanely. You took the human freeze and made it 10x better on a race with 2x the amount of skills. Even if it is a pistol race, it's kinda sloppy and uneven. Like I said though, it would be real cool to see a "Team Leader" race that is like a reverse Grim Reaper. Like a Seraph and Grim Reaper baby. That would be sick.
    Hidden Content

[9:25 PM] sporeling ☼: but i do love vodka cocks

Karlislad +REP   

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Jim View Post
    Firstly, 7 is the skill max for any race due to the menus. Secondly, kinda just seems a bit hodge podgey. Though, I really like the idea behind building a race around skills 1, 5, and 8. Like a race that feeds off of teammates dying but also chance to respawn them. It could still be the same theme too. The way it is now it's just a mix and match and doesn't really make sense. Having a speed boost and a teleport? Way too much mobility. 35% chance to freeze for 2.5s? That's insanely high. Like.. insanely. You took the human freeze and made it 10x better on a race with 2x the amount of skills. Even if it is a pistol race, it's kinda sloppy and uneven. Like I said though, it would be real cool to see a "Team Leader" race that is like a reverse Grim Reaper. Like a Seraph and Grim Reaper baby. That would be sick.
    Yeah, see thats what i appreciate - proper criticism.

Yeah 35% freeze seems quite high when you think about it.. could reduce it to 10% and 1second.. anything just to make the opponent "stay overtime".

The speedboost and the mobility is there to try and keep the player alive as with this race you will be taking damage every time your teammates die as well as damage from your enemies.. +they may respawn and die again.. so staying alive with this race can be a challenge at lower levels.
    Yes, there is the "lunch break" skill to get some extra health although it will cost you and it has a cooldown of 20seconds.. Ive seen team wipes in less than 30 seconds before..
    If someone decides to counter this race with grim reaper you would start off with 95hp instead of the 125hp (-30) and youd get health took off for every teammate dying too.. so the mobility is definitely needed + the teleport will cost as well so youll be less inclined to use it especially levelling up the race and buying tomes..

There are gun races that have extra damage, speed, freeze and even burn.. Referring to death inferno..

I really like the skill 5 as its something different, something i havent seen on this server before. (Idea actually came from personal experience, as every time im running my team at work, i always seem to struggle with a few men down and it really can be draining - hence the hp reduction due to the struggle of carrying the team).

The race would ideally be played as a flanker as you just couldnt take on enemies head on especially assault rifles or awp's..

TeMLeDer
    Last edited by Karlislad; 09-21-2020 at 07:46 AM.

I want to start this off by saying this isn’t a terrible race!!
    •However, like Mango said.. The mobility is extremely high. Maybe take out the teleport and increase the +speed time to 6-7 secs?
    •Skill 7 should be passive, and stay at 125/125 because you’re going to die quite frequently if 4 of your teammates die..
    •Freeze lowered to 10-15% over 1.5secs because we all know that it seems much longer in game..
    •With the tele gone, and the 500$/kill, I think you should raise the 30HP/100$ to maybe.. 200-250$?

With these reworks, it would fit the menus, and it would also fix some of the “OP”ness of the race, just my 2 cents!

Still an overall good race, I would love to see how it turns out TeM!
    Dante still isn’t Level 100... *sigh*

Death Inferno is also considered one of the most OP races in the server. Still, everything that you said doesn't change the fact that this race lacks creativity and synergy, as well as the glaring issue that there are too many skills that cannot be worked around. I get where you're coming from, what with the mix n match style you applied to this race, but also so many races have been denied on that principle alone. If a race is going to be approved and installed it should radiate uniqueness and creativity.
    Hidden Content

[9:25 PM] sporeling ☼: but i do love vodka cocks

35% 2.5s bash seems high.

aren't you just dying to teammates dying with basically no benefit? You get to res a couple people I guess. like a really shit phoenix lol

Quote Originally Posted by zBrackeT View Post
    35% 2.5s bash seems high.

aren't you just dying to teammates dying with basically no benefit? You get to res a couple people I guess. like a really shit phoenix lol
    You have an ability that heals you for 30 every 20 seconds - (2 teammates per 20seconds dying would cover that)

The bash really might be a bit strong.. ill rework the race and post it

TeMLeDer