Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Increasing Forum Activity

Ok so this has been discussed before but I didn't see anything posted about it.

The idea was to grant additional bank levels when someone links their account to the forums. Even 10 free levels would be incentive enough. I would think this could be set up without too much time consumption?

Another thing to keep people active is maybe milestone rewards, as in 100k bank xp for every 100 posts and 10k bank xp for every 50 shouts, etc. Some things along those lines!

Let me know what you think or what could be possible. The Server Features guys should also voice some opinions on this. Let's see if we can start getting all these randos to stick around longer

I don't know.... some of us have multiple thousand posts and/or shouts...

okay only 1260 posts here but still ... 1.2m would be a lot of free exp just for that, that'd be like saying each post a person makes is worth 1k exp ... IDK about you but half the time i'm "shitposting" so... i wouldn't want to reward that.

There could be a limit of course, or maybe the milestones become farther apart 10,50,100,500,1000..

Something to get new people in and posting is the main idea

10k bank for every 50 shouts? NotLikeThis. The amount of spam would get ridiculous from people farming. I'd say lets stay away from the shoutbox. But post rewards would be good incentive. Maybe a fun race that only unlocks after having a forum account linked for a few months or so? We could also do contests involving forum activity for rewards in game. Not sure on specifics but I'm sure theres something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtydwarf View Post
    10k bank for every 50 shouts? NotLikeThis. The amount of spam would get ridiculous from people farming
    Lol fair point there. I'm super game for a forum-based race and more contests as well

Agree that it would cause quiet a bit of spam if it was based off post. I wonder if we did drawing to with a specific race use for a week base off how much time on server you had? Maybe for every 2hours of play you get 1 ticket in the drawing and every week we do the drawing?

What about basing potential exp gain off of posts still, but limit it to say, 10 per week. So 10 posts on 10 different threads gets you the max bank exp (10k would be my vote) and any additional posts don't count for anything.

Might still get spammy but it's hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by donscreta View Post
    What about basing potential exp gain off of posts still, but limit it to say, 10 per week. So 10 posts on 10 different threads gets you the max bank exp (10k would be my vote) and any additional posts don't count for anything.

Might still get spammy but it's hard to say
    Would turn forums from quality to quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tman1007 View Post
    Would turn forums from quality to quantity.
    It's definitely not quality currently :P

Hmmm I wouldn't mind general having more off topic just entertaining posts. But I would like it not to be. "Spam/Bump/daily post for rewards. However. If we could increase overall trafic while keeping spam at a low end I wouldn't mind. Just giving an incentivw would bring people here. The past week there hasnt been much to post about other than event races and race ideas.