Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe they're telling you that Stabgitz because they don't believe that the person/people you are accusing are hacking and want you to bring forth what proof you have of them doing so. Or they're just lazy.

Either way if you're certain someone is hacking, taking a demo isn't a hard job and nothing to complain about, just sayin. You shouldn't be accusing anyone of hacking if you can't be bothered to spectate them for at least 5 minutes and record a demo in the process.

"Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: 'A horrible person.' We weren't even testing for that."

-GLaDOS

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Calahan Hidden Content
    omg ynot and mango are the best gayversion of cheech and chong Hidden Content
    but unfortunately only second place @ gayawards 2014

Quote Originally Posted by y Not View Post
    Maybe they're telling you that Stabgitz because they don't believe that the person/people you are accusing are hacking and want you to bring forth what proof you have of them doing so. Or they're just lazy.

Either way if you're certain someone is hacking, taking a demo isn't a hard job and nothing to complain about, just sayin. You shouldn't be accusing anyone of hacking if you can't be bothered to spectate them for at least 5 minutes and record a demo in the process.
    Wise words. It's true Stabgitz; half the time I don't listen to what people say because honestly, most of the people on the server suck and will cry over anything/anyone. I have been catching hackers for a long time, believe it or not, so if I see one then they won't be on the server for long. Sometimes it may take a while but that's only because I'm not a full admin yet and most of our full admins are busy with their lives.

You guys need to learn to do things to help yourself. I used to demo hackers, submit the demos and watch them appear on the ban list later all the time. Its like a fun little sick game. You can even demo people playing music and shit over the mic and get them permamuted. People send me pms all the time like I have the power to bend hackers over and fuck them in the ass. All the community needs to do is record a demo and voteban the player. That right there is pretty much all I can do to a hacker, you guys can literally do the same thing I can. I am more than willing to come on whenever I can to help but there are times you need to help yourselves. I will never ban a player for hacking unless I know for sure they are hacking, dont tell me to ban them. The last few nights there have been players on the server I suspected of hacking but getting a demo is impossible because you guys scream bloody murder at them. If anything just straight up voteban the player as a community, there's a difference between votebanning for no reason, and votebanning someone whos ruining everyone's play experience.
    Seems like the gods are punishing me
    Shackled in chains I just can't break free
    Hands round my throat, tighten the grip
    Bound by my sins, so my wings have been clipped
    I'm paying the price, I'm doing the time
    Serving my sentence for doing the crime
    So show me the heavens or drag me to hell
    This story is over, I'll bid you farewell
    I'll bid you farewell, now drag me to hell

"The life of the dead is placed in the memories of the living. The love they gave in life keeps people alive beyond their time. Anyone who has given love will always live on in another's heart."

The more you care, the more the world tries to find ways to punish you for it.”

Hidden Content

look im an admin, database admin, and game modder for a gaming clan when i come on joinwcs i dont wana have to do an admins job here i wana be able to play in peace.. understandable that admins have lifes but yet everyone seems to think that @ works yah well i used it 6 times today boom one person got it and that was Number 3 and i was thanking him

most admins dont look for @ cause most of em dont care when there on as i siad they tell u to demo even when there on. ill take one when there off but not when there on and gumi i didnt send one when u were on m8 because i didnt know u had any powers

ps i used @ 4 days in a row about player mommentiez or something or other till nick got pissed he didnt get banned or even looked at
    Last edited by Stabgitz; 02-01-2013 at 01:44 AM.

So what you're saying is, you want to play, but not take any responsibility to help make the server a better place by helping catch people that may be hacking by demoing them, even if an admin IS present? Then stop bitching about it. Only way to truly catch a hacker is to get a demo. Even the admins take demos of people before they ban them. They need the evidence to make the bans stick. I don't think the @ command is perfect either, but it's better than nothing. At least we have a way of getting ahold of admins that way when they are on GO or CSS. I try to get a demo here and there if someone is hacking, but usually when I do other people take notice of the weird behavior and start calling them out on it, which causes them to stop before I can get a good demo.

Bottom line is, the admins shouldn't HAVE to do ALL of the work catching people!
    Last edited by Winged Kitsune; 02-01-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Stabgitz are you even sure an admin is on at the times you use @ admin chat?

Also mods and admins are here, sure. But being an admin/mod is not a job. You have to put forth some effort as well as they do. If you want something done, take action. Don't expect to simply whine about it and have something be done. Get a demo, tell an admin, submit your demo. It's not a hard thing to do, and no amount of whining on your part is going to make any admin see things differently. We all have jobs and whatever and come in the server to play and have fun, that doesn't mean that prevents you from taking a few minutes out of your fun time to catch a hacker. You obviously think someone has been getting away with it for awhile, and your calls have gone unheard according to you. So wouldn't it make sense to simply spend a bit of time to get a demo rather than whine?

"Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: 'A horrible person.' We weren't even testing for that."

-GLaDOS

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Calahan Hidden Content
    omg ynot and mango are the best gayversion of cheech and chong Hidden Content
    but unfortunately only second place @ gayawards 2014

This is a community, not a company. Everyone should help out.

Read my quote below my sig...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Stop bitching and start pitching in to make this a better community

im not replying after this

why have admins and mods if its the players doing the work thats all im saying

im not saying that half of the people with admin arnt and i understand people like zenworm have lifes and we dont see them very much. but you know im tired of telling admins when im on whos hacking or not im not making a demo unless there not on no if and or butts about it. i have watched 5 people toggle hacks in a week i tell people i get jack shit back so fuck it tired of wasting time telling them instead doing it myself

Just a friendly reminder to those using the excuse "i have a job" to not take demos:

Our admins have jobs to, and its not being admin of the server. They are doing this for free. Therefore, all of your excuses for not taking a demo are invalid. Beleive it or not, but they do get people banned, they do go on the forums and watch the demos that are posted, enforce the few rules we have, discuss about problematic behavior of some players, talk about maps, help new players, help with improving the wiki, etc. Basically they do lots of stuff, for free. Or maybe not even free, many of them are donator, so they also support the server by giving it money. They also act as filter for messages from the players to the owners; the owners pretty much only have admins/mods in their friend list.

Why even bother having admin? Well, if you are still asking this question after ready the previous paragraph, it means you are wasting my time.

Being admin just means the person seems to be trust worthy to have some form of power and is interested in helping.