Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seknoot

[Installed] Seknoot

• Race Name: Seknoot[/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Your In-Game-Name: seknoot - prawn vomit[/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Today's Date: Dec 26, 09[/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Your Steamid: # 3096 "seknoot - prawn vomit" STEAM_0:0:3308924 01:02 76 0 active
      [/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Number of skills: 5
      [/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Name and description of each skill:
      [list:f08251pa]
    • 0-60: speed gets higher as the rd goes on (.05/10 sec) and also gives a speed leech. Speed leech is comparable (but less than) astral's slow, and is given to the player for 5 sec. After that time, both players (if alive) will return to the previous speed before damage was taken/given. Max speed is 1.4.
      , Max Level 6[/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Behind Enemy Lines (ability 1): chance to send you to the enemy's spawn when activated (non-disguised). As a consequence of it failing, you lose hp. Limit once per rd. At max, 50% chance and 15 hp if failed. It is limited to be used 15 sec or later after freeze time and has a 1 second timer before the player is teleported.
    • Jump Soles: Equivalent to reaper jump, lvl 3 at max with no fall damage.
      , Max Level 3[/*:m:f08251pa]
    • Stay Limber: gain hp while moving, but lose hp while standing still. A distance check of how far the player has moved since the previous check is calculated; seknoot gains 5hp if player has moved x amount of distance or loses 5 hp if player has not moved x amount of distance.
    • Overkill: adds a temporary damage boost (35%, which is less than ct/t). If an enemy is not damaged within expiration of the ultimate, seknoot is frozen in place with the knife for 10 sec. Increase in levels increase duration of ultimate (max 15 sec) and decrease reuse time (at max, 30 sec after activation). , Max Level 6[/*:m:f08251pa]
    [/*:m:f08251pa][/list:u:f08251pa][*]The race has some significant advantages, but not without drawbacks.

LostNumber Guest

Re: Seknoot

You should make 0-60 the same as stay limber you gain speed as you move and lose it as you stand still and does crouching moving back and forth count as standing still?

0-60 and stay limber could be combined as one if as you started moving there was a gradual acceleration up to 1.4 and as if you stopped, you had to start at 0 again. Not a bad idea. I think crouch moving would still be considered movement (I wouldn't be doing that much anyway).

Also, i would rather the proximity mine skill be used for a themed race rather than mine; i'd rather have something like the reaper jump at level 2 or 3 and have reduced fall damage, maybe 75-80% at max lvl.

Thoughts?

Behind Enemy Lines:
    I would make it take 1 or 2 seconds to teleport so that you can't use it to teleport away from a combat (at least not instantly).

Proximity Mines:
    I indeed would prefer not giving a proximity mine hegrenade. And even if i did, you can be sure you would not have any extra damage on it, you would have reduced damage. So yeah, Reaper Jump Lvl 3 is better for you in my opinion.

Stay Limber:
    I think a loop every 2 seconds or something, and then comparing location with what it was last time and if the distance is higher than X then you get up to 5 hp. If its less, then you lose 5hp. And you can go up to 130 only. (5/2 secs is a fast heal)

Overkill:
    T/CT's extra damage compensate for the low damage of their weapon. I think it would be a bit much to give these kind of numbers to a m4 or ak47 or others... 25% per hit would be balanced i think.

0-60:
    The principle of this one would be the same as Stay Limber if you choose that. Or it can be just a +.1 per kill you do, or it can be +.05 per 10 seconds of being alive. Or it can be a mix. Its really up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by HellzStormer
    Behind Enemy Lines:
    I would make it take 1 or 2 seconds to teleport so that you can't use it to teleport away from a combat (at least not instantly).
    sounds good

Proximity Mines:
    I indeed would prefer not giving a proximity mine hegrenade. And even if i did, you can be sure you would not have any extra damage on it, you would have reduced damage. So yeah, Reaper Jump Lvl 3 is better for you in my opinion.

yes, lets go with reaper 3 and call the skill "jump-soles"

Stay Limber:
    I think a loop every 2 seconds or something, and then comparing location with what it was last time and if the distance is higher than X then you get up to 5 hp. If its less, then you lose 5hp. And you can go up to 130 only. (5/2 secs is a fast heal)

sounds great. If I heal up to 130 once and get shot, will I be able to heal again if I keep moving?

Overkill:
    T/CT's extra damage compensate for the low damage of their weapon. I think it would be a bit much to give these kind of numbers to a m4 or ak47 or others... 25% per hit would be balanced i think.

Sounds fair enough.

0-60:
    The principle of this one would be the same as Stay Limber if you choose that. Or it can be just a +.1 per kill you do, or it can be +.05 per 10 seconds of being alive. Or it can be a mix. Its really up to you.
    Lets do the .05 per 10 sec + .1 per kill

Changes updated in original post. Let me know if you have any thoughts/concerns.

Also, I would like to change the 0-60 to a slow gain over time (.05 / 10 sec) plus a speed leech (like discussed in my original private race, prawn vomit). Maybe a slow amount of something like a little less than astrals slow that is taken from the player and restored to me. After 5 sec from the last hit, my speed (and enemy's) returns to what it should be based on the time in the round.

Then since that makes the ultimate less useful, maybe add a little more dmg/life leech, or alter the duration/reuse time a tad.

Let me know if this is possible.

Yes you will be able to heal again. As long as you keep moving.

Do you want me to give you a couple of days so you can do all the changes than come to your mind for that time?

Dude, you have a very fast heal, so no life leach...

I guess we can go to 35% increase in damage..

Re: [Request] Seknoot

I guess a couple of more days would be good, unless I think of anything else. I will update the current revisions...

The only other thing I can think of that I would want to add is maybe take down the damage of the ultimate back to 25% and add a chance (only while the ultimate is active) for the opponent's gun to be thrown off target (like mindforce, but not that high of a chance obviously).

If that is too much, then leave it the way it is and I'm good with it! Thanks.

Coded and played with a few folks on this race today.

I was a bit worried about it and suspicions were accurate. It is far too powerful in its current state.

I am suggesting the following changes:
    0-60 has a roof of 1.25.

Stay Limber:
    At max, 5 seconds per loop.

Reasoning:
    I would simply run in, by the time i reached someone, spray, get up to 1.3/1.4, down to about 30 hp, and run off. I circled the bomb site 3-4 times (30 seconds) and was back up to 120 HP.

It was nuts. Was like wolverine on steroids with reaper jump.

Let me know what you think Seknoot, as the proposed changes made it a lot more balanced but I still had fun with it.

To balance it more with those changes I also wanted to take the minimum speed you could slow to from .9 to .8. It seems small but thats a rather large difference and should prove valuable for the early part of the round before you reach your max speed.

The speed leech will only work when you are not at your max speed however, but afterwards you should not need it.

-Josh